• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Vegetable Gardens

We finally got our garden in about 10 days ago.. we kept getting freeze nights so we're behind schedule.. but the growing year here now seems to go deep into September early October so not a big deal..corn popped up through the surface in about 7 days already, that was fast...have bell, jalapeno and sweet banana peppers all in the ground doing well so far but there only about 5-6 inches high so far... Planted a bunch of potatoes which are rooting in good from what I can tell. Tomatoes aren't doing to good, not sure if the have transplant shock or what .. but I'm going to buy more if these don't start improving in the next few days..need a dozen more anyhow... We lost a lot of the seedlings we started in the greenhouse so had to buy some to replace those cause it's to late in the year to start seeds again I would think... going to plant onions under the peppers, and carrots under the tomatos,. Green beans and peas will get planted with the corn once the stalks get a bit bigger..and then squash also under the corn. (Three sisters method) ... I've never tried that before when planting in a raised bed but we'll see what happens.. I'm also going to plant some summer garlic.. not sure yet what I can companion plant that with.. I really wish I had more land to grow on.. in a doomsday scenario the whole yard would become a garden

The strawberries are coming on. Have to do something with them daily.
Whatever variety we have doesn't keep.
You have to eat them, freeze them or make something with them daily.

They sure are delicious.
Freeze dry. Makes a party in your mouth in January! (or whatever month you choose)

Is there anybody that could help me out on fertilizer recommendations based on the soil samples I have?

They didn't do them like last time, different place. I paid a guy.

Last time we took our own samples and sent them to a different place.

I hate to start over.

There's 2 plots and they averaged them for one set of recommendations.

I wanted separate recommendations for each plot.

These are small plots. One is 2 acres, the other is 5/8 acre.

Do you have test results you'd like help interpreting, or something else?

I have a guy out here who I would send my samples to, he'd use a lab out in Ohio, Brookside labs, and then after getting the results back he'd come up with custom fertilizer blends for each sample. I'd do two separate parcels as well, and sometimes the high tunnel. It was only like 15-20 bucks a test including the recommendations. If you want I can put you in touch with the guy I used to use

Do you have test results you'd like help interpreting, or something else?

I have a guy out here who I would send my samples to, he'd use a lab out in Ohio, Brookside labs, and then after getting the results back he'd come up with custom fertilizer blends for each sample. I'd do two separate parcels as well, and sometimes the high tunnel. It was only like 15-20 bucks a test including the recommendations. If you want I can put you in touch with the guy I used to use
Thanks.
I appreciate it.
I was trying to save time but hiring someone to do the samples and get recommendations. That worked like it usually does.

The results I have don't look like the previous results as far as how they're laid out.

Somebody in that line of work will probably know what's needed at a glance.

I can send him pictures of the results. We still haven't figured out how to scan stuff to our phones. And don't want to spend 8 hours on the phone with HP customer support

The fellow I use is a Mennonite, so I don't know if he'd use anything digital anyways. I can give you his physical mailing address if you want to send a copy of the test results. He does use the phone so you could call him first to see if he'd work for your needs, just let me know.

Is there anybody that could help me out on fertilizer recommendations based on the soil samples I have?

They didn't do them like last time, different place. I paid a guy.

Last time we took our own samples and sent them to a different place.

I hate to start over.

There's 2 plots and they averaged them for one set of recommendations.

I wanted separate recommendations for each plot.

These are small plots. One is 2 acres, the other is 5/8 acre.
County extension agent should be able to get it done, for free.

The fellow I use is a Mennonite, so I don't know if he'd use anything digital anyways. I can give you his physical mailing address if you want to send a copy of the test results. He does use the phone so you could call him first to see if he'd work for your needs, just let me know.
Thanks.

The company got back toe today and all is well.

Back