• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Vegetable Gardens

I can witch that water.
A couple of lengths of acetylene welding rod, bent 90 degrees near one end to make handles and start walking around.
Most anyone can do that, just give it a try.
Some people use sticks, I think even mechanics wire will work.
Maybe different types of witching rods will witch different kinds of minerals too.
A persons chemistry might, or might not, allow one to witch water, but, might also allow that person to witch other minerals. Like a walking talking metal detector.
I have a few friends that can witch. I cannot.

One friend witched a tile every 12' for about 100'.

We weren't sure what he was doing until we found the tile map.

My Dad could find pipelines or buried pipe.. must have skipped a generation, because the first time I find pipe is usually when the backhoe makes that 'clink' sound.

I should have never posted that about divining rods and witching. I put in a request to have it taken down.
I do regret that post.
It would be nice if the time limit to editing posts was advanced to at least six hours.
Don't worry, someone before you lifted the ban on using a shaman tambourine to call rain.

My Dad could find pipelines or buried pipe.. must have skipped a generation, because the first time I find pipe is usually when the backhoe makes that 'clink' sound.
I found the 200 amp main buried in plastic tile.

I just got it with one tooth and had my wife shut the main off.

As I was laying in the mud feeling the wires to verify the tooth never touched the wires, my wife asked why the kitchen light was still on if she had shut the main off.

She never pulled the handle far enough down to disengage the knives.

HOT COLD HOT!!!
You put a meter on something energized to see the meter works.
You test to see the power is off before touching anything.
You retest the known energized source to see the meter is still working.

YES THE THIRD STEP IS CRITICAL!!!

Glad you are ok and didn’t taste the juice.

ANYTIME ANYONE gets a shock from AC power of ANY VOLTAGE—-
Go to the dr and get an EKG!!! People get a shock from decorating a Christmas tree light, it defibs the heart but they don’t realize it. Then come end of February. Beginning of March and die from it.
We watched a video of a guys wife, son, and friend in an interview where get “got bit” on his hand plugging in the new toaster. Had went through full physical only the week before including EKG. Didn’t feel good for a month after the shock, just kinda tired.
Stopped by the clinic to get kid checked playing football - nurse that did all his tests noticed he didn’t look right. As soon as she asked what happened and he didn’t know the son spoke up about the shock. Nurse layed him down, called code blue and crash cart checks- heart has been in defib the last month. They gave him the shock resetting the heart timing and he went home that night.
Why they were adamant to do the video besides it saving his life- his dad (gramps to football playing kid) and the friends dad both got shocked some years before working on something together. One died the next day, the other at his funeral- heart attacks.

DO NOT SKIP IT, you can’t always feel your heart not being right.

Ok, safety sally out.

HOT COLD HOT!!!

Go to the dr and get an EKG!!! People get a shock from decorating a Christmas tree light, it defibs the heart but they don’t realize it. Then come end of February. Beginning of March and die from it.
We watched a video of a guys wife, son, and friend in an interview where get “got bit” on his hand plugging in the new toaster. Had went through full physical only the week before including EKG. Didn’t feel good for a month after the shock, just kinda tired.
Stopped by the clinic to get kid checked playing football - nurse that did all his tests noticed he didn’t look right. As soon as she asked what happened and he didn’t know the son spoke up about the shock. Nurse layed him down, called code blue and crash cart checks- heart has been in defib the last month. They gave him the shock resetting the heart timing and he went home that night.
Why they were adamant to do the video besides it saving his life- his dad (gramps to football playing kid) and the friends dad both got shocked some years before working on something together. One died the next day, the other at his funeral- heart attacks.

Ok, safety sally out.
I now will not forget that. I have taken many AC shockings and am still alive.
But now with that info, I will get tested if it ever happens again.

HOT COLD HOT!!!

Ok, safety sally out.
I often don't know if I'm in or out. Been that way for 40 years. Lots of bad reactions to the drugs. The drugs are meant to keep you in rhythm. For me they often kept me out of rhythm. About killed me a few times and I quit going for over a decade.
Had 2 ablations and numerous cardioversions

I've been shocked a lot in the pre OSHA days. Welding sweaty, welding in the rain.

Had an old aluminum drill short out in my hands.
Several other incidents.

Does anyone know anything about grow/heat mats & thermostats/controllers?

Our basement isn't quite warm enough.

I need something at least 2' x 4'.

I have an electric floor heat mat. Made to go under a tile floor. I don't remember what I need or have to install it.

Any ideas on something to cover it with? I thought about the biggest tile I could get to cover it up and protect it.

It's a temporary thing, so thinset isn't in the plans. Only need it for about 4 weeks. And then hopefully next year.

I think I robbed the thermostat a few years ago.

I use a few of these heat mats in my greenhouse. I put them on scrap pieces of rigid foam insulation and cover the seedling trays with either the clear humidity domes or floating row cover (Agribon)

I also use an inkbird thermostat with the probe in the soil, works great as even on cold days the propagation house can get very warm and it's better to have the heat controlled by soil temperature not air temperature

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks to a friend doing everything, we got the garden plots tilled and partially planted. About 180' yards x 4 rows of the yellow and white/ Peaches and cream type sweet corn.

We were late getting the tomatoes started in the basement. They can go in the garden anytime.

Got some carrots, radishes, beets and some other stuff going.
I wasn't much help other than supplying the tiller and some tools. My wife's kept the plants under the grow lights going.

Any ideas on getting Hazelnuts to germinate? We've had zero success on about 25 seeds. Some husked, some not. Some soaked, some planted dry. All planted in potting soil under the grow lights.

I had them in the freezer for 2 weeks before planting them in pots and putting them under the grow lights for over a month.

Back