• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Vegetable Gardens

Stripped our garden last week and have a bunch of peppers to freeze this week and a half bushel of green tomatoes. All the plants are in the compost pile now and the garden will spend the winter under the remainder of the hay mulch. I stopped fall tillage a couple years ago and now just till the areas for potatoes and onions at planting time. The rest we just put more mulch on and plant seedlings through the freshened mulch.
What do you use for mulch?

Always Wonder if I could just put grass clippings right in our planter beds...need to stop at a farm and get some either cow manure or chicken..
Grass Clippings are excellent for mulch but you have to lay them down thin and keep em an inch or so away from the plants because they get hot while decomposing. Especially from people that fertilize their lawn.

I know this is late, and, I dont know how I missed all of those posts from last fall.
Seems that someone pulled up their tomato plants and hung them upside down in their house. They ripened like they was still in the ground.
I used to do that with my pot, uhhhhhh, never mind. 😵‍💫😵‍💫😹😹😹
Good lord at least have the decency to grow your cats their special herb too ( catnip ) ... Lol

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
We would like a small green house or at least stairs going to our basement.
We grew in a little out building last year. Heating it to 70° was fairly expensive. Relatively speaking.
I forgot to get the propane tank filled this winter, so haven't been running the propane heater much.
The electric. Heater is set to come on just before the propane at about 40° F. All year.

We thought it was rather silly to grow there, when we could grow in the basement, which is already heated

Back