• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

"Vegas" '94 Sierra K1500 Ex cab SB

For some reason i cant just visualize what you guys are describing. Could very well be due to exhaustion but does anyone have a picture of this mod done to their trucks?

Ok now i have a better idea as to how the Battery connector mod works since i just finished doing it on the passenger side battery. I was having problems with the truck earlier this week and part of it was a loose bolt on the passenger side positive terminal where it holds the crossover wire and the starter wire. a new 2"x 3/8" bolt and nut later....Problem solved! Gonna grab more bolts and nuts on payday to finish the other terminals. Now i have a connection point to add a wire for the high idle mod which i will prob do sometime next week.

the idea of the 2 nuts is to let you really tighten the connection ie sandwich the eye end between the 2 nuts and not put anymore strain than necessary on the batt

Now that I see how it goes together im def upgrading the rest of the teminals. With the 2" bolt on the passenger side battery I can foresee adding most of my add ons to that battery. What I may end up doing is adding a remote mounted fuse box to each battery then I have plenty of add on capability and protection built in.

I use 3/8 stainless allen screws instead of the bolts. You rarely have to remove them to disconnect cables for whatever reason. They also allow more clearance clarence. No bolt head sticking out in the way.

Well...Vegas is back online....A buddy of mine changed the starter out for me this afternoon and we completed the FTB mod. So now its onto finishing the rest of the fuel system upgrades and checking to see if i need to replace the u joints or complete front drive shaft.

good deal. was wondering what happened.

Basically i kept having gelling problems and it eventually was the straw that broke the camels back with the starter in the truck. It burned out..i bought a new starter a couple weeks ago but weather and my buddy's free time to help were limitations. Finally got to it yesterday. I wasn't able to do much since i'm dealing with a flu atm. But it barely spins over now before it fires which is nice!

Welp...time for a new PMD which i ordered a Flight Systems PMD and relocator kit from larry yesterday...Now to wait for it to arrive lol. Im pretty dang sure my current problem is the PMD. The current one is mounted inside the air box and after the truck has sat idling for more then 20 min or for excessive amounts of time in stop/go traffic it starts surging for a bit then i have no throttle at all....leave the truck sit for an hour-2 hours and it goes back to normal...it did this once last weekend and it ran fine after that till yesterday. And it did it wed night as well...so im pretty sure that the used PMD in the truck has finally given up the ghost.

Oh yea! The package from leroy is already in canada, hopefully canada post gets it here by the end of the week so it can be installed with the relocation kit.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

Wow...sorry for digging this old thread up but figured it would be better to do this with the old thread rather then starting a new one on this truck...didn't realize it has been 4 years since the truck was last driven...Life took some sharp turns on me which put it on the back burner. Hopefully this summer i plan on getting it back on the road.

Work needed to be done:

Clean or replace fuel tank
Clean or replace fuel sending unit
Install fuel sending upgrade from Leroy
Possibly relocate lift pump and pre pump filter to box for easier service in the future as well as keeping both out of harms way while off road.
Replace Injector pump (This is what took the truck off of the road)
Replace dead batteries.
Clear out return line to keep the stock return line in place if not order the fittings to fab up a new line out of rubber hose.

Other work planned

Install GMT800 style tow mirrors
Install 88-89 Quad headlights and clear side markers with quad marker mod.
Gather up remaining parts for clearance lights and install with harness.
Install grille guard/winch mount with added brackets to bolt to top of frame to increase strength of unit
Properly bolt down canopy to bed
Adjust torsion bars to level truck.
HO Water pump upgrade with D Max fan
Clean out radiator or see what my options are for a rad upgrade.
Also possibly do an oil cooler upgrade.

Basically install all the parts i have gathered up for it and focus on making it a reliable truck again. I spent way too much time trying to do something with it that it was never meant to be...

Any resurrected truck is surely worth the resurrected thread.

Positive the ip is dead? If so are you going back with a stock ip or bumped for power?
My vote is always a db2- I'm in the I h8 pmd crowd.

And I have to ask -"Vegas" ?

Any resurrected truck is surely worth the resurrected thread.

Positive the ip is dead? If so are you going back with a stock ip or bumped for power?
My vote is always a db2- I'm in the I h8 pmd crowd.

And I have to ask -"Vegas" ?

It is the original pump to the truck with nearly half a million Kms on it...Changed out the PMD and Lift pump when it started with the issues it had that ended up causing it to be parked. So not really much left in the system to replace at that stage. Plus the truck has always had issues with its DBW system from what i understand. I am still debating between which IP is going in...going to a DB2 means i will need to add a stand alone transmission controller of some type. As for the name...it stems from the saying "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" or in other words a reference to my younger and stupider days with the ladies lol

Back