• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

"Vegas" '94 Sierra K1500 Ex cab SB

Darkrider

Lobo Solitario
Reaction score
Well i have finally gotten some pics of my Sierra. I went and finalized the deal with my buddy today and will be making the first payment and picking it up on thursday hopefully. This is what is known about the truck so far.

PMD Relocated into airbox
Injector pump has been advanced in timing
Steering system has been rebuilt
Trans has been rebuilt
Engine is lower milage and a year newer with rebuilt heads.
The truck is basically fully loaded or as close as i can see.

Power drivers seat (60/40 bench)
A/C
Am/FM radio with Cassette player in the center
Cruise control

It is coming with about 4 spare PMDs, 3 spare Injector pumps, the original short block which will need a rebuild, an early 6.2 for my '69 GMC project.

Mods done so far:
Manual override for the glow plugs. This is wired in such a way that the original glow plug relay still functions as normal. Its mainly for colder weather use to warm the plugs longer.
remote filter from a 6.2 truck with 3/8ths line between it and the FFM
OPS has been bypassed with a direct connection to the ignition. This will prob remain but i will be adding a relay to it for safetys sake

Planned mods:
Overhead console
Guages (EGT, Boost, Trans temp)
Mandrel bent cross over pipe
larger downpipe
3" exhaust
boost controler
235/85R16 tires
Nudge bar with light mounts which will eventually be replaced with a winch mount or supplemented with a front receiver hitch.
GMT 800 mirrors
Kodiak door handles
upgraded battery wiring and glow plug harness.
high 4 headlight mod
headlight relay harness
replace the stock radio with a CD player with bluetooth
different headache rack with powered rotating light bar

Heres the pics i took today of the truck

DSCN0267.jpgDSCN0268.jpgDSCN0269.jpgDSCN0270.jpgDSCN0271.JPGDSCN0272.jpgDSCN0273.jpg

I'd like to find a 1/2 ton 4x4 93-94 w/red interior. Nice truck, needs a good cleaning?

i like it also.

Thanks!

I'd like to find a 1/2 ton 4x4 93-94 w/red interior. Nice truck, needs a good cleaning?

Yea it does. its has sat behind my buddys shop for the past few months since he got himself a cummins powered dodge. Considering what all im getting with it and the price im getting it for...im getting one hell of a deal. At the same time hes gonna point me towards a buddy of his who parts out older vehicles and it sounds like he specializes in GMs mostly. I will def be buying some parts from him for my '69 GMC 6.2 repower project.

Make me jealous, how much did you pay for it?

$2000

Its coming with:

original 6.5 short block (rebuild core)
Complete Red Block 6.2
Spare heads for the Red Block
3 spare Injector pumps
3 spare PMDs

Work done on the truck by previous owners:

Heads rebuilt on current '95 spec 6.5
Rebuilt 4L80E trans
Rebuilt steering system
OPS bypass
Manual Glow plug controller for winter use
Injector pump has been advanced for more power
Pmd has been relocated.

Slight change to the mod list..mostly just adding more parts to it lol...

Previous list of planned mods:
Overhead console
larger downpipe
3" exhaust
boost controler
235/85R16 tires
Nudge bar with light mounts which will eventually be replaced with a winch mount or supplemented with a front receiver hitch.
GMT 800 mirrors
Kodiak door handles
high 4 headlight mod
headlight relay harness

Additions to the list:

PMD relocate to inside front bumper.
4" cat back exhaust instead of the original planned 3"
High flow cat
Recon third brake light
chrome projector headlights
clear signal lights
3m smoked tail lights
Rigid Industries "Dually" LED lights
Rigid Industries 10" light bar and "Dually" lights on headache rack
Bushwacker OE style flares
spray on bed liner on lower rocker panels from side trim down to pinch weld
bed liner in place of the rubber inserts on the nerf bars
Raptor wheels
GT Radial M/T tires

Still deciding on running either HID reverse lights or adding yet another pair of LED lights beside the rear receiver hitch as added reverse lights

To be honest i didnt think i was gonna trick this truck out this much but...Considering how much im getting it for and my plans for it...i might as well build it up right and make it mine. :smilewinkgrin::D:cheers2::driving:

i have an opinion but i don't want to offend you. certain things look good on the GMT400, 1/2 ton and up. some do not.
here it is: clear/chrome front/rear lights, chrome push bars, lo-pro wheels/tires/rims,these do not. 1/2ton, maybe.
what does:HD bumpers/racks, bed liner spray, better mirrors, gauges out the yazoo, true performance additions.
i like subtlety, not in your face items that take away the true meaning of a "truck". sorry if it's offensive but it's just one opinion.

Slight change to the mod list..mostly just adding more parts to it lol...

Previous list of planned mods:
Overhead console
larger downpipe
3" exhaust
boost controler
235/85R16 tires
GMT 800 mirrors
Kodiak door handles
high 4 headlight mod
headlight relay harness

Additions to the list:

PMD relocate to inside front bumper.
4" cat back exhaust instead of the original planned 3"
High flow cat
Recon third brake light
chrome projector headlights
clear signal lights
3m smoked tail lights
Rigid Industries "Dually" LED lights
Rigid Industries 10" light bar and "Dually" lights on headache rack
Bushwacker OE style flares
spray on bed liner on lower rocker panels from side trim down to pinch weld
bed liner in place of the rubber inserts on the nerf bars
Raptor wheels
GT Radial M/T tires

Still deciding on running either HID reverse lights or adding yet another pair of LED lights beside the rear receiver hitch as added reverse lights

To be honest i didnt think i was gonna trick this truck out this much but...Considering how much im getting it for and my plans for it...i might as well build it up right and make it mine. :smilewinkgrin::D:cheers2::driving:

i have an opinion but i don't want to offend you. certain things look good on the GMT400, 1/2 ton and up. some do not. No offence taken at all man no worries!

here it is: clear/chrome front/rear lights, chrome push bars, lo-pro wheels/tires/rims,these do not. 1/2ton, maybe.
Ideally if i could find black signal lights that wont reflect like crap i would run them with black projectors. I might opt for light covers on the signal lights and run black projectors. The push bar will not be black it will more then likely be black powdercoated, The wheels im looking at are factory 16" diameter.

what does:HD bumpers/racks, bed liner spray, better mirrors, gauges out the yazoo, true performance additions.
All will be done in some form, Bed liner spray on rockers and in bed, GMT 800 mirrors, and Gauges added to pillar and overhead console like dieselcash did.

i like subtlety, not in your face items that take away the true meaning of a "truck". sorry if it's offensive but it's just one opinion.
like i said no offense taken, im the same way honestly. Heck...there will be no shiny stuff at all on the '69

Thanks for your opinion man!

Welp..its offically mine as of today! Found out that the grille guard that came with it is a winch mount style but i will be replacing the winch mount plate with a crossbar to mount my lights. Reason being is i gotta fab something a lot more sturdy for the 8000 Lb winch i found for it.

Back