• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Twin Walbro's :)

:nonod: I had said that I had 4 to 10psi on my "stock" LP.
Installed a new Summit racing Feul Press. gauge this weekend, and WHOOPS; the old gauge was bad. If its too good 2 b true, prolly is.
It's really 4-5 at idle, 1-2 at WOT pulling uphill in top gear. Weird is this; hit the brakes with a full tank, and it goes up to 6psi until the momentom of the braking stops or slows.

My new Walbro comes out of the box ASAP. :D Racor filter 2 b done on the same weekend.
Maybe I'll do a step by step with pic.s?
:rolleyes5:

I don't miss your weather, you don't want our earthquakes and fires ;)

With internals and chip stock GM, can I banefit from FTB? It's cheaper than a new exhaust (with exchange), but even that's mostly stock except for as in sig.

I don't miss your weather, you don't want our earthquakes and fires ;)

With internals and chip stock GM, can I banefit from FTB? It's cheaper than a new exhaust (with exchange), but even that's mostly stock except for as in sig.

Nor do I want your border issues, or the libtards that run things out there :D yes you'll benefit some, but exhaust will do more for you IMO, proviso your stock lift pump is healthy which it appears to be from the pressures posted.

Nobody else has anything to say?? :)

I have to do drill that IP fitting out ASAP. This thing runs so tight with nice pressure. This is the 2nd time I've claimed this now, once after FTB, then I had filter issues, and now its restored. There is an advantage to having the psi up around 7+ at the IP.

Now its not an advancement issue, as it gets quieter, and smoother.

My initial thought the first time I drove it was it smoothed out the pop spray of the injectors by having strong PSI into it. I think by it fighting to fill the chambers its losing the push on the other end, resulting in a non perfect spray. Sure it will still pop at 2000, but it may not push through the entire injection phase at full pressure, causing the inital spray to be perfect, but then lose the psi?

Thats my theory. Someone else has to try this out like this to see what they think. Its really neat to be able to switch one on and off at will. Its not like a turbo boost button, But I can feel the difference in the IP when its working at 3psi and working at 5-7.

I saw 6 on the highway today, but I was climbing hard at 68mph. Hot as hell out today too. All these little mods are adding up, I'm having trouble keeping it at or under 65.

Two years ago I was hating 55. Now I can't keep my damn foot outta it.

I missed this, earlier, one thing I see that causes some head scratching :thinking::thinking::thinking: I see multiple "hard 90's" in your plumbing here which is a flow restriction via friction loss and "dead headding" on the back of elbow before the turn is made, 45's, swept 90's or larger ID hose should be used straight runs wherever possible is the best. Now it may not be an issue this short of a run but it is a :thinking: thinking point for me.

Raptor is a 100gph LP . Not sure what different PSI's do to that number but on my CUCV I have the LP dialed down to 7=8 PSI and fuel comes outta that hose like a garden hose on crack.

A. tank-filter-Walbro-OEM LP

B. Where fuel pressure is being tapped for gauge; Teed off the line going into the IP.

I'm thinking I should post the pics on a Leroy thread... My Walbro supplier):h

Attachments

• New Walbro (a).jpg
    New Walbro (a).jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 5
  • new Racor Face.jpg
    new Racor Face.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 8
  • New Walbro(b) to Silicone Fuel line.jpg
    New Walbro(b) to Silicone Fuel line.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 5
  • New Silicone line to old LP.jpg
    New Silicone line to old LP.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 5
Umm, is that racor mounted on a block of wood?

It looks like a piece of tongue and groove floor planking.......
headscratch.gif

Oh no, they're on to me...

Yup; T&G hardwood treated with Thompsons Waterproofing. I have a bunch, it'll probably last longer than the truck...

Price was right. I should remount it after the trip to Nova Scotia. (With longer bolts and more wood?)

Looks great! I wonder if the OEM LP will bottleneck fuel at all? I don't think so, as you still have great pressure under WOT, must mean the flow is there.

Jeeze, more people comment about the wood block than the great install......... It'll be fine for many many years...

So you have the Walbro after the RACOR, and then straight to the OEM LP?

Roger that, Matt.
Also,
Rubber lines from steel to pump, then silicone lines and steel to the IP.
More pics; Fuel Press at start up, cool fuel lines.

Attachments

• start up.jpg
    start up.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 42
  • all pressure lines are silicone.jpg
    all pressure lines are silicone.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 9
If I told you that i built an isolator from some old mechanical fuel pumps, would you have to see it?
Confidence in my work is high, inspite of my condition. ;)

Anybody notice the little green Army man? The safety pin? The cell phone head set?

If I told you that i built an isolator from some old mechanical fuel pumps, would you have to see it?
Confidence in my work is high, inspite of my condition. ;)

Anybody notice the little green Army man? The safety pin? The cell phone head set?

Condition?

I wouldn't have to see it, but I would like to...;)

Your work is fine my friend, just making observations....not the way I would have done it but effective none-the-less!

Cheers

Back