• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Twin Walbro's :)

If I told you that i built an isolator from some old mechanical fuel pumps, would you have to see it?
Confidence in my work is high, inspite of my condition. ;)

Anybody notice the little green Army man? The safety pin? The cell phone head set?

I hope that isn't a platic Army man! It may melt or discolor in 50 years being there!

FWIW wood blocks have been used for holding/raising utility body beds and other beds for as long as time. Granted they are 4x4 or 4x6's, but the ones that have been holding my bed up for 13-14 years are still solid as can be. And even with all the plowing up here in the salt belt, they havn't even started to rust yet! Older truck beds used to be made of teac. Boats have plenty of wood on them too, if not made of wood, and they are exposed to a little moisture I would think :)

Now if you used Bamboo for fuel line I could see the concern!):h

The fuel needle bounce can be elimintated using a snubber and a 30" whip ex for the sending unit. it's a common problem on Dodges , in fact Autometer will not warranty the guage unless you buy thier snubber as well.

Last edited:
My electric stewart warner is pretty steady. It also reads off of about a 18" hose from the T before the IP. Great gauge for the 85bux or so it cost.

Back