• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tune, resistors and tcc

Hold on a minute husker I watched a couple different ones while I was in town... don't have good enough signal at the house to watch YouTube..I'll look and see if that's the one I watched

The 1" mark is at the end of my thumb. Trying to hold the straightedge and tape measure with one hand and my phone to shoot the picture with the other. Ignore the 2 & 3 on the tape, that's the metric side in Centimeters (dual metric/english tape, very handy when working on metric things!). Hope this helps, @Stoney.1634252585300452450416513608069.jpg

I'm calling it quits for the night. Before I piss off the neighbors again..once I figure out how to get the bolts out of the bellhousing I can drop old tranny out and raise this one in .. having trouble breaking them loose without a impact...but I'll get them one way or another..might have to cut some heat shields and bend them out of the way..lol .....life was alot easier before I had to sell off tools lol

Depending what you have left in your tool collection, a deep socket, then a 6" extension, then a universal swivel, then a 12" extension and a breaker bar or long handled ratchet will get you to those hard to reach upper bell housing bolts.

just now reading up to this part. Yes, 15/16 is in enough. I always wished there was a plastic tool we could pop in to hold it in place and maybe 1 bolt in dust cover until it is in. Then remove it once bell housing is bolted up.

ALL THAT FIGHTING- REJOICE! Because if you didn’t and gave up thinking it must be right would ruin that new transmission in minutes when you start it. Watch, the next one you do will probably just pop right in! Thats the way it goes.

breaking free the bolts without an impact is a pain. Long piece of pipe on breaker bar or ratchet.

Once upon a time on my 69 Camaro which had frequent engine swaps- i drilled 1” holes in the firewall/ trans bump. Filled them in with rubber plugs. But easy to pop them out and access bell housing bolts from inside. If the truck is nice- don’t think about it. If it’s a rust bucket....

Back