• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tune, resistors and tcc

BTW there's about a 1/8 th inch between the flex plate and the converter..so guess I got it right.... Best of my knowledge it doesn't matter which holes go to witch as far as converter to bellhousing....I know some have a couple oval holes but didn't notice this having them ..

Wait a minute....1982 you were in college??? I was probably still in diapers..lol... I shouldn't laugh, in 20 when my daughter is 20 ish I'll be like 62 and telling her about this job ....lol
Except your daughter will ask- “Ok wait, that old truck was diesel fuel not electric? Wow!”
Haha

yes the gap from tc to flexplate is good. No special holes to line up. Just get all of them and use medium strength loctite.

Wait a minute....1982 you were in college??? I was probably still in diapers..lol... I shouldn't laugh, in 20 when my daughter is 20 ish I'll be like 62 and telling her about this job ....lol
Yup, 1st Semester of my Junior year at University of Nebraska - Lincoln! I graduated High School at 17 (could have graduated at 16 end of my Junior year, but didn't want to start college at that age) in 1979 and Enlisted in the Nebraska National Guard March of 79 while I was still a High School Senior, shipped off to Basic Training (Ft. Dix, NJ) July 11th, 7 days after I turned 18. After Basic, did my Advanced Individual Training at Ft. Sam Houston, TX. Came off of Active Duty for Training in late October of 79 and returned home. Worked full-time until the Fall of 80 when I enrolled at UN-L. I was 26 when I got married, almost 32 when my eldest son was born and 36 and 37 when my younger son and my daughter were born (October 22, 1997 and October 22, 1998, respectively. Yes, same day a year apart) while I was trying to complete Grad School. I Commissioned as an Army Officer the end of my Sophomore year at UN-L in May of 82. My daughter is a para-educator for developmentally disabled elementary school children in Lincoln Public Schools. My younger son manages a Jimmy John's and is the proud papa of my 2½ year grandson (I'll be 76 when he starts college!) My eldest son manages a pawn shop up in Omaha that's part of a chain out of Reno, NV.

At age 42, I had my construction company. Did energy efficiency upgrades to houses - triple pane windows, energy efficient doors, built custom decks and 3&4 season rooms, general remodeling work, basement finishes, fences, concrete flat work. I was a working boss with my own crew and two leads with their own crews. At 42, I could pick up a 150 pound window and walk up an extension ladder and put the window in its second story hole. Today, I'm paying for that!

Damn sometimes being on here talking to y'all, makes me think I really could have done alot more in 42 years then I did..of course giving the state d.o.c. 10 1/2 years of my life didn't help....
I was actually running my own contracting company up till covid happened..got out may of 2014. Had a old friend that was like a dad figure to me help me out gave me a old 2000 gmc 3500 beat to hell but it ran really good and had a ladder rack on it...he went in his shop and found a bunch of tools mostly older and beat up, drills ...chop saw, circularsaw reciprocating saw some others..,. Bunch of hand tools of the trade.. ladder ...etc... He told me if I was serious about keeping my shit together and staying out this time then take the truck and tools, and get to doing what I Know best...( I'd worked for him years ago when he had his contracting company.)....up until then I hadn't been able to find work on account of my record...he said "son when you can't find work you make work.. there's plenty of money to be made if you go looking for it." ....best man I've ever known..if it wasn't for him I'd probably be back in prison by now...well now 7 1/2 years later I'm still out..lost the company pretty much but we will get it going again in next year or so .. met my wife the November before covid while going through a rough divorce from my first wife... She helped me through it...we bought our house for cash with what I had saved up... $9,000. Cash for a old foreclosure needing tons of work... Dead body in the basement and all..( not exaggerating) i got it all in my thread about the place... troopers, cops, forensics people, cadaver dogs...fun times..got married in June and this past February our daughter was born..still trying to get back on ou feet again but hoping by the time I'm some of y'all's age life will have gotten more stable...
Sorry I'm writing to much must be the coffee..lol

Are you trying to blow through the lines at the tranny? Did you disconnect the lines at the front where they split off between the front cooler and the cooler that’s inside the radiator? You might want to separate the two and flush them separately when I had my radiator off to get repaired I flushed the cooler in it and all kinds of krap came out.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:.... That would have been nice to know LOL.. I'm still trying to clean the lines out but I'm not taking that apart every time I take something apart it breaks... I just went to hook the starter up and realize the solenoid lug broke somehow.. so now I got to figure out how to pay for the starter from AutoZone..

Back