• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tow mirrors

WOW.....I ordered them from work late Tuesday night and they arrived today! I cant wait to install them! They look badass! I cant stand the little tiny mirrors on these trucks that are meant to tow!

Dad just broke another mirror on the truck. Clark, you like the ones you got? I'm thinking that's what we're gonna get.

Err, the ones lovemyhd got, I guess, Power heated with the blinkers. They're manually extended, not power, right?

Last edited:
Dad just broke another mirror on the truck. Clark, you like the ones you got? I'm thinking that's what we're gonna get.

Err, the ones lovemyhd got, I guess, Power heated with the blinkers. They're manually extended, not power, right?

I do like them the fit and finish is great, they vibrate a little but for the price difference compared to the OEM ones. I am sure once I replace the shocks on my truck it will be better. 150K on the original shocks they are a bit worn... its worth it. I got the power/heated I did not do the turn signal ones. The are still manual to extend

You currently have the OEM power extending version right? These mirrors are much better. No blind spots and mine don't vibrate near as much as my OEM towing mirrors did.

Do I have to remove the door panel to install these mirrors? I pulled off the triangle piece to get to the nuts, but the harness runs way down into the door

I followed the first link and was done with both in just under an hour. Now I need to do some homework and research "leveling towing mirrors". Why cant they make them level when they manufacture them???
Before:

102_0600.jpg

After: power, heated with blinkers

towmirrors.jpg

Ok here are my pics. Not very good but you get the point...

Attachments

• IMGP4220.jpg
    IMGP4220.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 2
  • IMGP4221.jpg
    IMGP4221.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMGP4222.jpg
    IMGP4222.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 3
I did a search and didnt come up with anything for leveling them......anyone have a link?

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?t=18263

:D

I didn't get pictures of the process, but read the end of my stuff. The hardest part for me was getting the plastic cover to pop off. I did both witout breaking or scratching anything but it took a lot of patience and persuasion. Do it on a warm day so the plastic isn't brittle at all.

Looks great guys!

Did either of you take off the power folding mirrors? I've been wanting a set for my 02.

Back