• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tow mirrors

Clark20ry

Agent #58 OB-DII A(ALCU)
Reaction score
Ok I am sure this has been talked to death BUT! I have the standard old chrome and black mirrors. I have been pulling a 30' enclosed box trailer lately and can't see crap! I looked at the factory ones for my 02 there ok I like the tall black tow mirrors on the later models. I also like the power extender ones don't know years on that. I also saw some after market ones. I guess what I am asking is.

1. Will the later model '06 '07 or later fit on my 02 without to much modifications?
2. Recsomendations on after market tow mirrors.
3. Where is a good place to find a good set of used mirrors?
4. If I find a set of power mirrors what type of electrical will I have to do. Are the trucks pre-wired for that option or is it a BCM change?

or any other information I can get from my Diesel junkies here... :grouphug:

5. Or if anyone has a set they want to donate...

He are the ones I replaced my stock ones with. 15904034 LH 15904035 RH. Looks like it covers your year. They are $285.00 each.

Part ID: 15904034 Manufacturer
General Motors

Description

LH TOWING MIRROR 1999-2007 Full-Size GM truck. It is a manual extend with turn signal and heated glass. This is a direct replacement as long as you have power mirrors.

Last edited:
I recommend staying away from the power extend ones (with the accordian bellows). I had those on my '05 and they had a nasty habit of not working when I wanted them to. If I didn't need them to extend they worked great!:D I LOVE the '06 ones like I have and Bill put on his.:thumbsup: The ones we have will go right on your truck with no problems from what I've seen. I'm sure others will check in.

I looked in your garage and you have pics with both on there... I like the tall tow mirrors.. Any idea where to get a good deal..?

Any idea where to get a good deal..?

I ordered mine from partszoneonline.com. You can also try gmpartsdirect.com which sell them for a little cheaper but be very cautious of the shipping and freight charges. They are most times outrageous.

partszoneonline had the best price when i got a bunch of sets a few years ago.

To put them on an 01-02 you need to custom wire them but its not too hard.

IIRC it was $437 shipped for both could be more now though.

These are the cheapest I've found. They seem to have good reviews from members on here and DP.

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?t=18263&highlight=mirrors

http://www.partstrain.com/store/det...rror/2002/GM74ER.html?location=Passenger_side

http://www.partstrain.com/store/det.../Mirror/2002/GM74EL.html?location=Driver_side

I'm gonna go with these someday. :rolleyes5:

They make them with turn signals for the newer trucks but they are $50 more each and I don't know if you could wire them to work.

The mirrors are $285.00 each currently at Parts Zone Online. I'm glad I bought mine at the end of 2007. They only ran me $206.03 each with an even $20.00 to ship them from PA to CT.

You can make the signals work but you have to Tao into your actual turn signals thisbis what I did on our 02

Maybe it's me but I cannot navigate that site at all,I can only come up with a silverado hybrid???? My mirrors will be powerless as I have a WT, nobody sells a GM style tow mirror that is manual in all aspects, well K-source does but I haven't found much info on them. Does anyone know of an all manual GM style tow mirror??

Thanks

ps Why are these things so dang expensive??

Maybe it's me but I cannot navigate that site at all,I can only come up with a silverado hybrid???? My mirrors will be powerless as I have a WT, nobody sells a GM style tow mirror that is manual in all aspects, well K-source does but I haven't found much info on them. Does anyone know of an all manual GM style tow mirror??

Thanks

ps Why are these things so dang expensive??

There is an all manual no signal big factory tow mirror for our trucks however I don't have the pn. Your local dealer should however

Ordered a set today off e-bay, made by K-source, I'll let you all know what I think when I get them and installed.

Bammer did you order the power or the manuals...???? Please keep us update when you get them.....

They arrived today. Made in Taiwan on the box,not overly happy about that!! Upon opening and inspecting they look well made and are a pretty good match to OEM....... Will install tomorrow and post some pics,get some drive time on them and see what I got for 200 bucks.

Back