• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tow mirrors

They're on!!!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

007.jpg

WOW pics are huge!!! Well you'll get a better look I guess? :D

Fit and finish is very good. Look just like OEM to me. I did take the truck up to 1-84 for a good blast, there is a slight vibration at 65 and above, nothing horrible,actually better than I expected. Getting use to such a large view of behind me will take a bit of getting use to,as well as the small blind spot! Well worth it in my book!!! I guess time will tell how these hold up, so far I am happy!

I've loved my new mirrors since I put them on. Can't wait to really use them this summer when the camper goes on.

If you are interested in leveling them out it's pretty easy. Hardest part is getting the cover off. I certainly wouldn't do it on a cold day, have a nice sunny day so the plastic is warm and a bit flexible.

1201090832-01.jpg

I loosened all 4 screws and just put 3 (or was it 2...don't remember now) washers behind the top 2 screws. Tightened it all up, and was good to go.

before
1201090832-00.jpg

after
1201090918-00.jpg

'99 to '07 classic are all the same door design so they will fit. Just make sure you don't get the ones for '07 and newer ones. They look the same but don't fit the door, different angle etc.

Something to add, if the mirrors are powered then the plug changed between 2002 & 2003. Just ask David (88gmctruck) all about it. :D

Alright Bammer and updates on the mirrors. You like / dislike. Do they rattle while driving or are the worth the money...???

Alright Bammer and updates on the mirrors. You like / dislike. Do they rattle while driving or are the worth the money...???

I love em!! There is a slight glass vibration at 70mph, cruising at 65 all is just fine, a flutter every now and again but nothing to complain about! I don't know how I lived without these and WHY GM won't make them standard issue!

Does anyone have the part number for the Factory ones. GMpartsdirect only show the old style and these are on the 07 new body style which don't fit...

I'm jealous of all you guys! My wife won't let me spend money on that stuff anymore. Should have waited a little longer on her ring!

Back