• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Thoughts on Vaccination shots?

Thoughts on Vaccination shots?

• I give my babies and myself anything the doctor recommends.

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • I research and pick and choose which vaccinations I think are safe.

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • I have done the research and found that vaccinations potentially cause more issues than good. There

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I completely don't trust mass shots of any kind, therefore I stay away from flu shots, vaccines, et

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • allergic to egg or other specific to you medical reason to avoid getting Vaccinated.

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
This contribution is from treegump with some help from WarWagon.

Poll choices 4 and 5 are to long so the whole choice is below.

1) I give my babies and myself anything the doctor recommends.
2) I research and pick and choose which vaccinations I think are safe.
3) I have done the research and found that vaccinations potentially cause more issues than good. Therefore I don't approve of vaccinations to my kids.
4) I completely don't trust mass shots of any kind, therefore I stay away from flu shots, vaccines, etc, and don't subject my kids to them either.
5) allergic to egg or other specific to you medical reason to avoid getting Vaccinated.

I haven't done very much research but my (future) brother in law is very natural (homeopathic) and through his way of healing, his wife came back from the brink of death when modern physicians didn't give her much hope. It was a long process, but they got it done. And my fiance is studying biology and so the drugs and diseases are part of her studies. Between the 3 of them, I'll trust them.

I had vaccinations when I was a kid, but that doesn't mean that the amount they are giving, or the timeline they are giving, or even the combination they are giving are the same. And, I know I haven't voluntarily gotten a flu shot and I don't think I've been any worse off than those that have received the flu shot.

Proven vaccines and medicines for me. Not opposed to proven all natural remedies either. There are plenty of all natural things that can kill or harm you. Just because it is "natural" doesn't mean squat.

I wouldn't take something that there is equal (or statistically significant) documented proof it can harm you. I wouldn't follow a doctors recommendation blindly if I felt it wasn't best for me. Hence the ole saying get a second opinion.

I always made sure to be an educated patient/parent when discussing the need for vaccinations with any doctor and proceed from there with my choice. The mandatory ones for school were a definite.
I was one of the control group in the first trial of the Salk vaccine for polio. Neighbor lady that was a 2nd mother to me throughout her life, was in a wheelchair from her mid 20s on from polio made it a no brainer that we accepted it. If you don't get rubella and DPT at a young age you are playing with fire. Everyone else got them... Now you're the likely target. Especially with so much international travel and culture intermixing today.

"Especially with so much international travel and culture intermixing today."
THIS!!!

Even known infected people can't be stopped by the morons securing our borders like the known TB infected atty that got through because the agent was confused about the "put on protective gear" message... And that's not even counting the people who sneak across the southern border from several other countries. And then the Goody Two Shoes to go into infected areas to help then come back here to recover from Ebola putting others here literally to death by doing so. (And spreading the disease around the USA.) Makes me wonder whose side these goody two shoes are on? The deer in the headlights stare from the government unwilling to take action by blocking travel from infected countries is a crystal clear in our inability to stop the spread of anything.

Small or not there is a real risk of allergies and some other risks to consider. One should at least know what to look for in case a ER visit is needed after a shot. A decent article is here.

Another thing I've considered are things that come up like H1N1 and the viruses that pop up each year that is supposedly just as bad and that everyone needs to get a shot for.

It's so difficult to know who to trust anymore, honestly. Everyone knows that there are people out there that are honest and trustworthy and want what's best for you and does the research before recommending anything. Than there are people want what's best, but believe the salesperson who's selling the drug. Than there's either completely ignorant or in it for the money or glory or whatever.

As I've said before, I've been vaccinated and I think I'm fine...:confused: And mom's a nurse and gets all her flu shots because she has to. But than my fiance is studying biology and the all natural crowd talking too. I think it'll be a more pick and choose which to get. But I'll trust my wife/fiance on that decision because she's studied the drugs and advantages and disadvantages.

Being in the Army for 21+ years, I have been injected with just about everything out there. I am still alive. That being said, it also includes the flu shot. I have gotten it twice a year for as far back as I can remember. If anything out there was going to kill me, I would have already finished me off. This entire nonsense movement was started by that hag mccarthy(our whatever her name was). With zero proven evidence.

I had a flu shot in the Navy and got the flu. Had one in the late '70s that an employer mandated and got the flu. Both of those were the old days where they gave you an actual mild dose of flu. I never got another shot after that... Until 2 years ago when my doc talked me into it because of my age and history. I did, however, get H1N1 4 years ago while I was still compromised from cancer treatment and its after effects. THAT was brutal and worse than anything I'd experienced with prior bouts from the shots. Today's shots will give you a few days of feeling kinda crappy but it's not too bad. I wouldn't do it at all but with my history, I elected to.
As a silver lining, I used the flu 4 years ago to quit smoking cold turkey.

There IS always a silver lining in every adversity. The desire to find it is up to you...

This entire nonsense movement was started by that hag mccarthy(or whatever her name was). With zero proven evidence.
A significant part of this being dragged out for the 3rd time (in one form or another) has to do with liberal diversion tactics leading up to another potus election. It's easier to put insignificant fluff issues in front of the low information voters to demonize the right than address actual important topics.

A significant part of this being dragged out for the 3rd time (in one form or another) has to do with liberal diversion tactics leading up to another potus election. It's easier to put insignificant fluff issues in front of the low information voters to demonize the right than address actual important topics.

It's interesting on how I keep hearing that the movement is largely made up by liberals or those against the right. But the people that I know that are against vaccinations are for pro-guns, pro-life, conservative, christian, country loving folks. They believe in putting good into the body and working hard at life (keeping the body fit). One of my more liberal friends nearly cussed me out when she found out about what my fiance has convinced me, and is talking about ending a friendship.

Another friend thinks it's ridiculous to homeschool kids, but sees nothing wrong with the anti-vax movement.

Just interesting to hear other people's views and hope that it's done in a civil way.

My point Forest is that the topic is certainly able to (rightly so) be discussed at any time and there are good discourses available from any point of view. It certainly is a more wintertime (flu season) discussion than other seasons. Now it's making HEADLINES for political motives.

My point Forest is that the topic is certainly able to (rightly so) be discussed at any time and there are good discourses available from any point of view. It certainly is a more wintertime (flu season) discussion than other seasons. Now it's making HEADLINES for political motives.

Obamacare extended to vaccines? Stupid or not people should be free to make the choice. Making it mandatory by goverment is giving up a freedom. Yes we have bigger problems that aren't being solved. However an outbreak IMO is a big problem.

Touchy subject for me...Book warning!

Mine is muddied with vaccines and big brothers decision for good of the people.

Individual decision is a crucial thing, and imo, mandatory anything is wrong. Everything out there is not a good idea, and should be considered by the individual for benefits vs risks for themselves.

A few years back when the swine flu was going around, My father in law (living with us at the time) got the shot, and had no problem. My youngest boy got the sickness at school and passed in on to my other son, wife and myself. Happened before we were eligible to get the shot, even if we wanted it-elderly we front off line, and in that case proved to be the right thing to do. Some vaccinations work. I wish my wife and kids could have got it in time to avoid the sickness.

Two problems: First: Half the people on planet Earth are stupid. Not trying to be mean, but all dogs are dumber than all humans that are not mentally challenged, just reality. Same thing. Stupid people make stupid decisions. They can also be mislead. Now count that error factor into the equation. Second: Companies will not tell the truth of dangers or withhold information in product to increase sells and profit. Cigarette anyone? Medicine is no different-1880 snake oil elixir anyone?

Along with companies are government agencies that fall into the same category of not sharing the truth. Sometimes making sweeping decisions based on their opinion not in the best interest of individuals. Government control is not acceptable. Don't take it as a bash, We are with out a doubt in the best country in the world. But my family is a great example of big bro errors.

My Dad was a decorated lifer in the USAF, buried in a lead coffin at a veterans cemetery from way more than I could list, nondisclosure signed, but figure out I included him here for a reason.

Mom buried in her lead coffin, above Dad from driving the scientists from test shack to test shack after testing for data gathering was ineligible for double lung transplant needed. After the overseas shot in the arm we all got that left a big dimple circle, things went really crazy for her.

My oldest brother was one of the children held away from the parents from severe defects from radiation poisoning until he died as the second oldest living child at 7 years 2 months. No remains allowed out for burial. My mother was allowed to see him once at birth.

Next oldest brother died in 40s and DOE mandated body cremation. Died in hospital because his body does not react to drugs like the average person anymore.

Next oldest brother is following in his shortened life footsteps, (I believe now deceased) but due to his recovering a leaking "broken arrow" while his service in USAF. The radiation killed some of the existing abnormalities, but created new ones, and resulted in permanent full disability and will receive same end of life treatment from DOE. (*LEGAL DISCLAIMER* IMO, and was not told by him or others-drones carry nukes. - blah blah blah international law- blah blah blah yeah right and I wasn't a private independent contractor because that wasn't allowed either before blackwater. He who has the gold makes the rules.)

Brothers from different father so his issues are unrelated to My Dads particular service, their natural father currently living healthy.

Rest of children from my Dad -Younger sister is 1 of a handful of people in the world with blood pressure 1/3 that of everyone else and will die if it gets half as high as anyone else, along with huge list of "impossible medical situations" like amount of oxygen in her blood. Traced directly to radiation combined with immunization shots given to all us kids as USAF medical dependents before going out of country.

Another sister that has her own stack of un-diagnosable issues she likes undiscussed.

That leaves me- I'm just an idiot! Really, my issues are stacked and will not be getting buried in a regular coffin either. Due to my nondisclosure contract with Uncle- I can't mention my specific problems, but can say I wasn't born with these issues. Every new Dr. I see asks where is my wheel chair, how do I walk? Followed by OMG- breathe from this quick...to which I laugh and say no, this is normal...

My children are not given anything that is recommended with out a stack of studying. They DO have all the vaccines for public school here in NV. The are in perfect health, The radiation issues seem to pass through female line much easier.

There are not any specific vaccines or immunizations I can point to, as the radiation had crazy effects, and different magic injections and accidents from DOD/military caused even crazier effects for some of us. My families results are way out of the norm due to the unusual circumstances. Therefore I will not speak up for or against anything specific. Back to my point the individual needs the right to choose what to take and what not to.

The argument that someone that does not get a vaccine should not be allowed around others without it is an interesting argument. If that is your p.o.v. I say: also then isolate everyone with communicable diseases as infection to others is far more likely. Isolate: hiv; aids; malaria; tuberculosis; hepatitis; all std's that can pass via public restrooms; herpes simplex (cold sores); how far do you want to take it? Deadly food allergies? I am not affected by any of these, so It is better for me anyways, right? I get when there is an outbreak in country x, temporarily stopping transport can be a good idea. However an infected individuals life should have basic rights, regardless of my or others fears.

In the end it is "The right to life, liberty , and pursuit of happiness." I would be happier if I could have chosen to not get some of the forced medical assistance I can, for now, make those choices. Some of my family members would have had more life, and better quality of life if they could have made the choice, but for them they would have needed the information that I learned was simply withheld because a bureaucrat deemed it unimportant at the time. An individuals choice of your own body's well being is nonnegotiable, if any freedom is to exist.

Sorry for the book, but again a passionate issue to me for SOME reason.

I didn't vote, I had my shots in school in the 70's.

That said I wouldn't voluntarily get anymore. I haven't had a flu in 40 years.

The Med. est. makes more than a million bucks average on a Cancer patient. There will never be a cure to these diseases. Only ways to extend and control them for profit.

Any cures will and have been buried.

I realize Cancer was not the original topic, but they are all one in the same.

Measles. Lots of potential side effects.
Mumps: you haven't lived till you see a 23 yr old man get mumps and it doesn't hang out in the neck lymph nodes, but instead migrates to more tender regions.
Polio: friends of mine as kids wore the Forrest Gump leg braces because of polio. Remember people with the special shoes with one thick sole.
TB: watching somebody burble to death is not cool.

All of those I get, so do my kids. When my kids started talking anti VAX about my grandkids because they read it online, I raised hell.

Flu shots? Not so sure, but flu does kill more people every year than lots of other stuff people get panicky about. I get flu shots because I don't want to get sick due to other health issues, like Mike. Seems to work.

The way I see it, everybody should have the right to choose on the minor ones. Not on the major ones.

My wife's work is having a measles debate right now... if an adult gets measles and has not been immunized, it is their own damn fault, and they get a mandatory 6-week vacation without pay. That's one side of the debate, and I agree with it, which pisses my wife off. She works with the public, and has to deal with exposure to people who are too stupid to stay quarantined when they get sick, so I hassle her to stay immunized.

Will .. lots of story untold there, brother. Thanks for carrying it like you do. :respect:

Gulf war syndrome did come to mind and rumor was it was caused by some of the anti chemical warfare meds given. Thus giving some thought to side effects of vaccines.

Far as info withholding nuke info even today one doesn't have to look any further than the Navy who sailed through the nuke plume of the recent Jap nuke plant meltdowns. Several sick people under the non-disclosure who can't get treatment (and that is why they broke the non-disclosure) and a ship that can't be decontaminated. Funny, it didn't make the news for a heroic suicidal effort to help.

Back