• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Thoughts on Vaccination shots?

Thoughts on Vaccination shots?

• I give my babies and myself anything the doctor recommends.

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • I research and pick and choose which vaccinations I think are safe.

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • I have done the research and found that vaccinations potentially cause more issues than good. There

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I completely don't trust mass shots of any kind, therefore I stay away from flu shots, vaccines, et

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • allergic to egg or other specific to you medical reason to avoid getting Vaccinated.

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
Knowledge is power. If people were allowed to talk freely about their situations, more information could be shared and possible treatments could be figured out. That is how vaccines and cures come about. The DOD is the first to mandate vaccines and such, but they are at the same time the worst for slowing the advancement of solving problems. I really don't get it, anyone who is not drafted against their will, will sign up just the same to protect what needs to be, Honor is a funny thing that way.

Everyone who is willing to learn history will find out about issues like the gulf war syndrome. Is that info going to stop anyone from signing up for the US Military? No. But the powers to be have to cover it up long enough for someone to not get in trouble, and in the mean time thousands of individuals suffer. Look how long it took for gulf of Tonkin info to be common knowledge. Now the people are already talking about events only 1 year old. I hope the future brings improvement.

If all the info known, good and bad, was released to the public the conspiracy half of this thread topic could not exist. Take that out of the equation and people who are doing research to make an informed decision can see facts more clearly instead of trying to sift through nonsense.

Poll seems rather biased in favor of the anti-vax side. Four choices for not vaxing, one choice in favor that's worded to make you look like an unthinking idiot if you pick it.

I'll abstain from this one.

It is sad that you feel that way Bernie as I for one are interested in your views. I see the poll differently. For, against all, against some for research reasons, and against some because of medical reasons like allergic reactions. That is why we can explain in this section why or why not we feel as we do.

Thanks, but I'll continue to abstain. It just seems worded to provoke argument by someone whose mind is already made and who just wants to convince others that any other choice is wrong.

Lighten up Bernie. We're friends here and this is a very casual poll made with friendly intentions and no scientific implications.

I have got to have some of the worst family experiences with side effects from vaccines (I hope no one has it worse), And I would never put anyone down for saying they are good. Hell, they are responsible for some of the best day to day improvement in peoples lives through out the world. The beauty of an open forum like this is for the thoughts or ideas of one individual to be able to enlighten others. I too, wish you would speak your mind, as if you didn't think anything was worth mentioning we wouldn't know you even read the thread topic without your first post. Your call, freedom of speech encompasses the abstinence of speech as well.

I agree with shots except the flu shot. Funny thing is, I rarely get sick yet as I type this, fighting the worst flu I've had in 10 years. :(

My father was hardly ever sick. He never got a flu shot until he was in his mid 70's. He got his first flu shot as requested by his Doctor. Yup, you guessed it, he got the flu that year and got it real good. Layed up for 2 weeks. Go figure. LOL. He has been still getting the flu shot, as he is 88.

Always the one you don't get, ya wish you had.

LOL, yes and no. The flu shot doesn't match the strain we got so it wouldn't really matter. I have many friends and aquaintences that have been laid up this year with it, for weeks to months. My wife has had it for over a month. My kids, luckily, didn't get it.

Not bragging but I have not had a flu shot in 40 years or so. I can get one free about every year. Always thought I would let someone else have my vaccination since sometimes they are short on vaccinations. Guess once I get to a certain age maybe I should think about getting a flu shot each year.

I wouldn't get one if I hadn't been victimized by cancer and the resulting strongly worded insistence of my doc

I get the flu shot. No its not always going to be effective if the flu mutates but its better than nothing. The flu can be very serious. In ~ 1918 the flu killed 600,000 people in the US. I don't think it will kill that many with modern conveniences and education/quick news/information but it could kill many if its a bad mutation.

To me what makes it a serious threat today is some other newer bugs mimic flu symptoms and before you know it you are dead because you thought you had a bad flu. And or you might not know how bad a flu its going to effect you until its too late. Its easy to think at first its a cold, then just the flu, next its a bad flu. Before you know it you are bad sick and weakened and risking your life. Especially my boys who have reactive airway problems. This in conjunction with the ease of travel and how quick a weird illness can travel today.

Stationed at Ft. Detrick in the 80's. Burn detail for the satelite compound, shared incinerator with the medical research side of the base. Yeah, I've been vaccinated...

I have well educated doctors and trust them to recommend appropriate care for my medical condition. That means flu shots every year and anything else appropriate for travel.

Turns out I had the flu, then it turned into bronchitis and a blood infection, oye.
Hope you are all recovered now. I know the one time I had flu (a severe case) I wished like hell I hadn't. Of course it was a silver lining because I used the opportunity to quit smoking since I couldn't breathe anyhow.

Back