• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Thinking of pulling the plug on my 6.2.

we need translators past Morehead City lol

I have to have one everytime I go from the mountains to those areas. People often hear me speak the Mountain Appalachian Language and say where are you from.

One time I was at a convenient store buying ice for my deer coolers. Nice pretty gal at the register, I told her I needed some ice. She looked at me so strange like I'd cursed her out. We discussed the issue and she thought that I had said I needed some ass, wow I can see why she acted strange.

I have to have one everytime I go from the mountains to those areas. People often hear me speak the Mountain Appalachian Language and say where are you from.

One time I was at a convenient store buying ice for my deer coolers. Nice pretty gal at the register, I told her I needed some ice. She looked at me so strange like I'd cursed her out. We discussed the issue and she thought that I had said I needed some ass, wow I can see why she acted strange.

My people are originally from Appalachia. West Va to be exact.
When I was in the Navy I'd lay it on thick with the ladies.
Boston girls really thought it was cute..heh heh heh!
Ahh, to be young and dumb again!

My people are originally from Appalachia. West Va to be exact.
When I was in the Navy I'd lay it on thick with the ladies.
Boston girls really thought it was cute..heh heh heh!
Ahh, to be young and dumb again!

People in California thought I have an accent, they also thought I was agressive.
He hockey sticks no, just Montanan.

Diesel was $4.19.9 yesterday over here. Afraid to go look today.
When I left to go to Billings yesterday morning, diesel was $3.89.9.
That is how much it went up in less than 8 hours.
might want to snag you a couple of 55 gal drums and go fill them! pretty soon price of vodka and everclear will be looked at for fuel!!

might want to snag you a couple of 55 gal drums and go fill them! pretty soon price of vodka and everclear will be looked at for fuel!!
Hmmm, good plan. Could easily get a couple of 55s and I already have two 30s.
Might be a project for tomorrow.
My son has a tractor/loader that would handle a loaded 55 I am sure. He could move them from the back of the truck to the little storage shed easily then help me to shuffle them to a corner.

Hmmm, good plan. Could easily get a couple of 55s and I already have two 30s.
Might be a project for tomorrow.
My son has a tractor/loader that would handle a loaded 55 I am sure. He could move them from the back of the truck to the little storage shed easily then help me to shuffle them to a corner.
the sad part becides the price is that most of the pumps shut off when using a card at the pump at $100. with current prices $100 won't fill a normal truck tank from dear empty. I think I will be heading to top off when mine reaches 3/4 on the gauge. I estimate that amount will cost near $50 just for 1/4 tank of fuel (around 8 gallons)!!

Thats a preset amount set by that station. If a card is stolen the people challenge the charges and get the money back and the station can have an entire charge reversed. So they are out the fuel and the money. Thats why many of them limit the amount.

It isn’t common anymore, but might happen again where you could pull up to a gas station and a person is selling say $5 gas for $2 cash. Usually a story accompanied with- I am filing bankruptcy anyways or i just need the cash and can’t getva cash advance on this credit card. First time I saw that going on I noticed a company truck parked off to the side of the store and he was the only one at the pumps, just standing there. I knew that company had a reputation for not paying its employees and they work for free basically a couple weeks never getting a paycheck.
When I told the guy there is cameras outside and he will get busted for theft he thanked me and started getting upset- told me he worked on several new homes being built and hadn’t been paid in over a month- pay was supposed to be weekly there. A explained how to file mechanical leans against the properties he worked on and how that will get the general contractor to force that electrical contractor to pay him right away.

Another simple way, with masks still accepted right now- a person could use their own card and just tell the customer they are faking like it is stolen. $5 gas for $2per gallon- people will do it when they see id matching card name.

As fuel prices keep going up- i bet we start seeing some of these scams again.

I don’t have many friends active leo to ask about this stuff currently. but ask cops you know- I bet they have some interesting stories you’d just never think of.

Back when I was a Mac Tools sales guy- that big ol truck popped about $100 a day back in 08. That auto shut off got annoying quickly on a daily basis.

Last edited:
With the 50 Gal Aux tank and 35 Gal main tank it took four swipes on TWO cards for a fill up from "EE". (Both tanks on "E", eh?) They only allow two uses of one card. Now the second use will trigger a fraud challenge text on some cards. Oh and this was normal for us ... nevermind the PAIN in ~2009 out west in NV,CA somewhere where Diesel hit $5.

Gas and diesel isn't nearly as bad as some of you have got out here. $3.64⁹ for 87 Octane E-10, $4.57⁹ for #2 Diesel at Sam's Club and E-85 selling for $2.89⁹ at stations that sell it for FlexFuel vehicles.

Here, it's not fuel theft that's the problem, it's the damn meth heads cutting catalytic converters off of vehicles for the rare metals inside to sell to the recyclers.

Gas and diesel isn't nearly as bad as some of you have got out here. $3.64⁹ for 87 Octane E-10, $4.57⁹ for #2 Diesel at Sam's Club and E-85 selling for $2.89⁹ at stations that sell it for FlexFuel vehicles.

Here, it's not fuel theft that's the problem, it's the damn meth heads cutting catalytic converters off of vehicles for the rare metals inside to sell to the recyclers.

Regular gas here 4.07, diesel 4.99, non ethanol is 4.69.

Yelp, there has been some converter thefts here and actually they've busted some of them.

Back