• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Thinking of pulling the plug on my 6.2.

Yup, and while the 700R4's could handle the anemic 160 HP and 275 lb/ft of the 5.0 in my '84 G20 conversion van, that maximum torque is up above 3,000 rpm where the clutches in the OD section and the lock-up torque converter could handle the stress. When I dropped my built 327 320HP/510lb/ft beastie into my van, both the OD section and lock-up ability of the torque converter went bye-bye within a couple of months after that, as there was just too much torque (about 250-260 guestimate) at the 2300 rpm it ran in OD with the TC locked up at 75mph on the Interstate.

Again, @dubiousgarage, unless you either tear down and rebuild the transmission with upgraded high HP/tq frictions, steels, planetaries throughout it and modified valvebody to give you more apply pressures and a high horsepower racing designed lock-up torque converter, or buy an already high HP race/off road-prepped transmission and TC, you WILL tear up the OD section and torque converter of a stock 700R4 if you put a 6.2 in front of it. It may take a few months to a year, or much less time, but it WILL happen.

Well, I'm back. Been taking care of family business. Moved my mother in law in from Colorado. God, what a cluster pluck that was
Moving companies suck balls!!

Went to work on the dizzle, cannot find my turbo manifold anywhere. It's enough to make the pope cuss!

My disability went through, I'm racing to get my trucks done before my body says "enough".

I've found some webstores with what I need, but no one returns emails these days.

S
Till on the correct side of the daisies, so its just small stuff lol!

I did pick up a gen 6 454, but my diesel will stay diesel. I will get it running, even if its just n/a.

If you give up on it nterested in selling your tv bracket? I’m looking for a 6.2l to 700R4 bracket and rod (trying to replace a th400 in a CUCV with a 4 speed).
I haven't forgotten about you, i just haven't come across that bracket yet. I am done with 700r4s.
Not bad mouthing them, it just seems I always get them near the end of their life cycle...

Back