• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The Stealth BOMB'r is under the knife

Truck is looking mighty fine, can't wait for some vids! Also, I like the tires! Should realllyyyy grip down the track. What load range are they?

Truck is looking mighty fine, can't wait for some vids! Also, I like the tires! Should realllyyyy grip down the track. What load range are they?

They're rated at 3100 lbs each.

Don't confuse capacity with "load range". Load range simply refers to the number of plies in the tire.

C is a 6 ply, D is an 8 ply, E is a 10, etc....

Those letter ratings have nothing to do with the actual capacity of the tires.

So I got around to making the aluminum charge pipes for the twins.

Got it all done now and I'm pretty happy with the finished product.

Slide2-164.jpg

Slide1-165.jpg

thats a big air filter!

It's actually just barely big enough.

Really it needs a little larger flange than the 4" that it has, but routing the piping bigger that 4" would have been a PITA.

I wanted to use 5" piping, but the only way I could route it, without reclocking the secondary and running the charge pipe from the top, would be to 90 it off the primary inlet and put the filter where the battery tray is.

Well hot damn Rich. Truck looks awe-inspiring, and the engine has really turned into something else. Where's a mod when you need one, we should make this monster thread a sticky for "motivational" purposes :evil:

I'll get it back on the dyno in early January.

So far it's running like a raped ape.

I still havent "smashed" it from a stop. Most I've pushed through it has been 78 psi from a 4th gear roll.

The power is really smooth. No big spikes, turbos come on quick, MUCH less smoke output.

alot less smoke than your old compound setup? where was it smoking heavily in the power band just before the 2nd turbo kicked in?

not asking to find out 'how to make smoke', curious if it was a tuning issue or if there is a window where there is too much fuel for your old turbo setup.

It was smoking when the power was turned all the way up.

Those turbos were, realistically, at their limit in the low 700's. That's about the last point they could effectively clean up the fuel.

I'm pushing enough fuel to support well into the 800's with enough air.

With the new turbos......yeah, we have a lot more air.

just the kind of info i was looking for thank you.

looking forward too seeing the new numbers your truck is putting out!

Yeah, the old setup was really at it's limit.

I ran those up to 70 - 72 psi and once I turned the Smarty up over level 5 (160 hp tune), it just couldn't clear the smoke anymore.

Between Levels 5 - 9 (160 - 230 hp), it only made 23 hp jump from 748 - 771 HP. The smoke just got blacker and heat went up.

There's easily enough fuel in it to push mid 800's on these turbos.

Biggest thing will be tweaking the gate to get the pressures where I want them and keeping the turbos efficient.

Finally made some passes today. I ran the truck and Tom ran the Chevelle.

Haven't gotten it on the dyno to tune the motor yet, but it was AVERAGING 3/10th's faster than before.

Fastest run of the day was 7.41 at 94 MPH.

At 7280 lbs, that's a little over 900 HP at the crank.

Video is uploading to You Tube now.

Back