• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The Stealth BOMB'r is under the knife

Ain't no added chrome on mine. I'm not a chrome guy at all.

It's just silver engine enamel to match the truck.

Should look good sitting inside the black drive shaft loops.

And........

Torquezilla is complete!

Pump seal and guide studs.....

Slide1-148.jpg

Trans pump.....

Slide2-147.jpg

Accumulator.....

Slide3-113.jpg

Slide4-80.jpg

Valve Body.....

Slide4a-2.jpg

Slide4b.jpg

Almost done.....

Slide5-62.jpg

Checking end play. Should be between .038" and .084".....
'
Slide6-47.jpg

Slide7-42.jpg

SunCoast Torque Converter that was rebuild by Garmon & Co.....

Slide8-33.jpg

I bolted the flex plate on because I cut new TC bolts and need to make sure they weren't too deep.....

Slide9-29.jpg

Torquezilla, Baby!.....

Slide10-22.jpg

And, another new toy showed up today......

TractionBars.jpg

Okay, so I got around to to putting the ladder bars on today.

First, I gotta say these things came packaged AWESOME! Finally, someone that understands I don't want stuff showing up pre-screwed before I even get a hold of it. Kudo's to Glacier on that.

Second, I'm REALLY impressed with the quality of the ladder bars. Nice powder coating, nice hardware, nice welds, really good looking product.

So, here they are. Can't say what I think of them yet, as, well, no trans in the truck yet.

Here are the contents in that arrived.....

Slide2-148.jpg

Here they are pre-assembled.....

Slide2a-2.jpg

Installed.....

Slide3-114.jpg

Slide4-81.jpg

Thank ya, sir.....

It's been an interesting one, that's for sure.

Got a few more things in store for it this winter......right now I just want it back together so I can make a few passes before the track shuts down.

Trans cooler and bumper are back on. Just gotta run the lines today.

TransCoolerMounted.jpg

Got a little distracted doing something else last night.....

Slide1-152.jpg

Slide2-151.jpg

Slide3-117.jpg

Slide4-83.jpg

Okay, finished the lines to the secondary trans cooler.....

Slide1-153.jpg

Slide2-152.jpg

And, decided I wasn't happy with having the trans temp sender in the pan and wanted it directly in the hot line, but finding an AN adapter big enough was pissing me off, so I just made one.....

Slide3-118.jpg

Slide4-84.jpg

Slide5-63.jpg

Slide6-48.jpg

Slide7-43.jpg

Slide8-34.jpg

Slide9-30.jpg

Slide10-23.jpg

Ok, I'm your Huckleberry...what is the geezenhammer that you installed back by the tailshaft? It would appear to be a pressure switch of some kind...

Looking good, I really like how neat, organized, and methodical everything is that you do.

I love how you can make something you don't have...

Nicely setup on everything..

Ok, I'm your Huckleberry...what is the geezenhammer that you installed back by the tailshaft? It would appear to be a pressure switch of some kind...

Looking good, I really like how neat, organized, and methodical everything is that you do.

Okay, that's an adjustable pressure sensor in the governor pressure port.

Governor pressure controls several of the transmission functions including shifting and TC lockup.

At certain pressure, certain events happen.

What that pressure switch is for is so I can make the TC lock-up automatically at a given speed and unlock at a given speed.

The way its set, the truck will hit second gear and then the pressure will close the circuit and lock the torque converter, rather than waiting on 3rd gear in T/H mode or 4th gear in normal.

This will let me flip the switch to lock the TC at the start line and forget about it. It'll also unlock the TC when the pressure drops below 35 psi.

I love how you can make something you don't have...

It's a good thing and a bad thing.

The good things is, if I can find it or don't have it, I can make it.

The bad thing is, there's so much stuff on this truck that I've made or modified, that I can't just stop at NAPA or O'reilly's and grab what I need if something breaks.

Example....serpentine belt breaks....with the dual CP3's, the belt is routed differently and is much longer.

Fuel filter clogs.....can't exactly run into the local Autozone and go, "Hey, you got a Fleetguard HF6604 for a FASS 150?"

You'd go in and get the standard parts store goober response as they type the year, make and model into the computer and it gives them a part number. I've actually had them argue with me and tell me "this" is the part you need, even after I've specifically given them the part number I want.

The best is when we go in to get stuff for the Chevelle. Give them the part number for the plugs and they still ask what it's going in? Tell them, look just give me 16 of those. But what's it going in? So you tell them, yeah it's a 1970 Chevelle and leave it at that. They get confused because the part numbers don't match and then ya go, "Yeah, ya ever seen a 496 BBC stuffed by a Garrett 4718 that came standard in a 1970 Chevelle with a PowerGlide! Gimme the parts I asked for monkey boy!"

To many of the kids putting around in there little rice burners using it for access to parts. I can completely understand the issue with "just gimme the parts I asked for". Hell, with a Ford Front axle, and a Dodge rear, I've gotten plenty of those.

Everything's looking great Rich, and thanks for that part number :thumbsup: Any particular brand of U-joint you recommend for the AAM 11.5"?

Everything's looking great Rich, and thanks for that part number :thumbsup: Any particular brand of U-joint you recommend for the AAM 11.5"?

Honestly, just stick with the AAM u-joints. They're kind of odd ball sized and Spicers and Precisions don't fit perfectly. For them to fi correctly, you either need to machine .010" off the end caps or off the circlips, otherwise they bind the joints a bit and you'll go through them like crazy.

The only other ones I've found that fit good, surprisingly enough, are the AutoZone Gold u-joints. I'm running those in my rear drive shaft now and they've done good. I replaced those at approx 46K miles, the truck has 66K miles on it now. Doesn't seem like a long time, but most of ya know I beat the crap out of them pretty routinely.

Well, I suppose the next thing on the agenda is the drive shaft loops.

I already have the front loops, just need to make the rear loops.

Here's what I'm thinking.

The t-case loop will span the frame rails and will be one piece. The pinion loop will be bolted to the webbing on the diff and be a 2-piece setup.....

DriveShaftLoops.jpg

She lives, baby! Safe and sound at home tonight.

Not many pictures of it going back in.....I think we've seen the trans going in before....

Install.jpg

Slide1-154.jpg

Slide2-153.jpg

Back