• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Swapping Heath Chip?

New chip arrived the other day - got to put it in yesterday. Thoughts:
~ In 7 degree (F) weather, plugged in it fired up with no smoke (used to sputter/smoke for a bit even in 30 deg. plugged in).
~ Smokes a bit until it gets warmed up (I was plowing my driveway, when I backed up I could see it in the air).
~ Engine sounds smoother even at idle ... less "clacky".
~ Dropped the plow, took to the road. VERY impressed. Engine is much quieter (again, less clacky, it was like marbles loose in a can). I can actually hear the exhaust growl over the noise of the engine. Acceleration is HUGE compared to before... stomping on it will actually put you back in your seat a bit. (No duramax seat-pin, but waaaaayyyy better than before). Since the engine is quieter you can hear the turbo spooling too!

Overall I am very pleased with the results. I never thought about the chip being damaged would do what I was experiencing. Heath was again, great to work with as always...

I've never been overly impressed with this truck (unlike my 95 2wd in my sig). That one was always fun to drive. I have a feeling that now this one will be fun to drive as well. :)

Just thought I would follow up and let you know how I made out.

Softer spring and longer arm on the wastewater.

***edit: Wastewater? WTF? I meant Wastegate! :D

Last edited:
Yes, long arms length away from wasteWATER. Love autocorrect... Stupid computer should know what a wastegate is.

Back