• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Stolen DPF!

Yea, I was guessing $3500 + . If you don't want to stay "legal". Pocket that and good a exhaust and tune. But, that's playing with fire and insurance fraud. So, not recommended. :D

Sig and an AK

No stopping it. Like stoping someone from stealing a stereo. You can add an alarm with motion detector, but everytime the wind blows hard....

All I can say is the only way they can sell it is if they have a title for a diesel to use to sell it, or have a scrap license. It's tough to sell them now, but it has cut down on theft greatly.

Apparently the local PD arrested a guy whose van was full of "catalytic converters". We'll see if I get my DPF back. Not holding my breath...

Apparently the local PD arrested a guy whose van was full of "catalytic converters". We'll see if I get my DPF back. Not holding my breath...
Don't know what he was planning on doing with them. He can't sell them outright, so the only thing I think he could do is to open them up, and get teh precious metals out himself, and even then it's a regulated scrap business for those metals.

So, the quote came in at $3315, so not as bad as I originally thought. Gotta coordinate with insurance, etc.

However, they found that the oil level sensor in the pan is leaking ($5xx) and the kingpins are "plum worn out", and they want $3k plus for those! I find it hard to believe the kingpins are worn out with 130k on them and it drives straight down the road with no clunking, pulling or anything.

It's not that hard to drain the oil, drop the lower pan, replace the level sensor, slap some RTV on the pan, and bolt it back on. And I have yet to see one leak. As to the kingpins, I would get a 2nd opinion on it if it still drives good. Kingpins will normally cause a wandering or excessive toe in when they get worn.

There's other companies products also.
But this would probably work. http://www.catclamp.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

And then look under the vehicle to see the DPF and CAT still gone and the frame etc. this device went around also cut out. Just like the "The Club" that was faster to cut through the steering wheel to remove it.

... Still gone in 60 seconds.

Welp, got it back, fixed up with a brand new shiney DPF bolted back on and reset and retuned. Ended up having to cover the insurance deductible, thankfully nothing else. Hope this doesn't happen again....

Attachments

• Delivery Truck Bill.JPG
    Delivery Truck Bill.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 12
glad it turned out good for you....pray they dont come back again or there could be a 40 s&w waiting for them...scott

Back