• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

setup for 26,000gcvw on a 6.5

If its OK, I would like to get first on the list for the GM8 and the round element airbox, provided it is in my budget. :)
see sale thread ;)

spent all day runnign around getting all my stuff in one effin spot.. for un-inhibitated wrenching... with it going to be 80 tomorrow.. and 60 tonight im off to bed and wake up at 0300ish to go bust knuckles when its cool out
only pic i snapped today.... my 75 need more rake its almost level when empty.. about 13800 trailer wieght.. almost 20k with the 75.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll have cooler weather Sunday. We're cooling down real nice this eve. It'll be over by you tomorrow night. Good luck.

Adam, might slip in a big clutch TC so the new power doesn't walk through it..

Funds permitting of course. It'd be up there on my priority list at least.

4L80E's are a solid piece to a point.

I don't have enough to swap out the 4l80 for an allison. So the 80 will get red clutches and shift kit. And detune the vans tune. It will still run better then the 6.5 did.. so no you didn't miss anything main reason for getting the van variants

No worries, I wasn't going to suggest allison.

I'm curious to see how the 4l80e holds up behind a duramax in a heavy towing application like yours is going to be.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries, I wasn't going to suggest allison.

I'm curious to see how the 4l80e holds up behind a duramax in a heavy towing application like yours is going to be.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holds up fine behind a 200hp detroit... i think it will hold up fine behind a 200 hp dmax... esspecailly when i put red clutches and billet converter then bump it up to 300

holds up fine behind a 200hp detroit... i think it will hold up fine behind a 200 hp dmax... esspecailly when i put red clutches and billet converter then bump it up to 300

Who's converter are you going with?

525501_3614227947908_1040072946_3226948_1719294152_n.jpg

Dmax in an HD is pretty darn awesome IMO

Since your at the start of this, check the wiring around the turbo vane sensor at the back of the motor, there is a TSB out that shows how the dog house insulation has rubbed through the wiring and caused over boost code.

got some things done today..
mounting point for the engine, DD engine harness removed, rad support pulled. wanted to reused then GM clamshell mounts not going to happend they are too tall and alow for too much movement..
the 99 rad's core is identical to the dmax rad core.. 2x21x34" end tanks being the only thing different.. the rad support is also different the what fermed used.

so pics

not going to work too tall
[URL="http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/540254_3621334245561_1040072946_3230622_1169696693_n.jpg"]
this just makes me happy...

Last edited by a moderator:
geeze, you get more done in a week than I get done in months! good luck with the swap!

well when its your lively hood and the only thing making money... it provides very good motivation... BTW engine was sitting in the truck saturday and i started friday..

been working on harness stuff.. stripped then 6.5 ECM out... lost the blower controls.. :( between this twop vehicles they are both Class 2 DLC systems i "should" be able to graft the two together

didnt get much dont yesterday .. spent the day mailing stuff off.. mailed both harness off.
got this done today. ccant get it any lower with out getting into the body mounts.
also found out the radiator tranny cooler is steel M22x1.5 o-ring. plan is to weld a -6 JIC fitting on and put a -6 compression fitting on the tranny lines. goign to run the temp switch(180*) on the intake side of the air-to-oil cooler and call it good.. run a relay on then switch to a light in the dash to tell me if then fan is on..
picked up this items from jegs
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performance+Products/555/60346/10002/-1
http://www.jegs.com/i/Derale/259/13020/10002/-1
547109_3645726815360_1040072946_3240944_1271127080_n.jpg
still not sure how im going ot run the fuel system. mostlikely i will run the 99 oem version with the 06 fuel filter

I'm interested in how you mounted the rad. Do you have more pics of how you did the mount? It looks like the rad and IC were a matching pair, made to fit each other.

It looks like you did some major trimming on the core support. Was this just to be able to fit the IC in there? Without the IC would the rad have fit in the core support without any trimming? Also, without the IC would the rad have mounted in the stock rad mounts in the core support?

Will the stock 6.5 fan shroud fit?

Don

Back