• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

setup for 26,000gcvw on a 6.5

engine stopped running while doing 55mph had soft non metalic knock no loss of power.. no making oil or over heating.

joys atleast it is a nice day out

PMD or injector pump. Pull the codes and crack a injector line while cranking to see if you are getting fuel. Sometimes the pump just dies........

i think its more serious then injector already have a pmd relocation done... part of me thinking its timing chain
there is shiny metal filing in the oil when you pull the dipstick

If the balancer does not spin when the engine cranks it is a broken crankshaft. Time for a new engine :mad2:

Lees?

Sux about the crank.....Were/are you running a fluidamper?
no i had yet to install one
less as in crank 500 new bearing, HB(fluid would put be over) seals gaskets
if nothing else is trashed, preform good cleaning send the RA out to be balance with new crank and re-install.
I'd do an oil sample and see how bad the oil is before I threw any money in it
one got sent out 3,000 miles ago they havent done the test on that sample yet
Do you have it apart or are you just going on how it "sounds"?

A block with a broken crank often has "nasty surprises" waiting inside when you pull the pan off.......
true is can reveal natsy surpries.
worse case is a ripped the main webs/cracked the journals
best case trashed #1 bearing crank shaft sensor timing chain and crank. wont know till i open it up.

buddy from ohio is a army dependent and they are stationed just south of savanah GA they are head back to toledo sunday at the but crack of dawn..
well it is nice when you break down haveiin a trailer and it being empty..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back