• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service 4WD Light on in the 05...

I can't seem to open that pdf. Every time I click on it it just does nothing.

if you click on the pdf does it asks if you want to download. If it does, click on the download button and then look right beside the truck stop url (or whatever it’s called) and there will be a circle with a arrow pointing down that you can click on (if it’s like what my iPad does).

BE74F532-B5D4-46FD-AA0A-DD54261602B6.jpeg

Anyone know how I can test an actuator or encoder motor with a meter? I need the testing for dummys version. LOL
Need to determine which wire is would go to the ground, then the other two wires one to motor in and the other to motor out.
I think that setting the multimeter to an ohms setting, one probe on the grounding wire, another on a feed wire and there should be continuity.
If not them most likely a broken circuit within.
If the motor has a steel housing, one probe to the housing and then try the two feed wires, if continuity is present then the circuit must be shorted to the housing. I would think such a condition might blow a fuse though.
I aint o expert on such things as that but I think thats how I would try.

TY Marty. I checked the fuse a couple days ago. It looked good. I'll try this info. OR I'll just change the encoder motor seeing I bought it already. lol

SO...I bought the transfer case encoder motor a while ago. I go to install it today. The wiring harness is wrong (mine is the single line harness) and the center that goes into transfer case is wrong (Mine is the one that reads bad motor) . Go figure. I am inquiring about
.Screenshot_20220315-190141_Signal.jpgScreenshot_20220315-190124_Signal.jpg

Last edited:
SO...I bought the transfer case encoder motor a while ago. I go to install it today. The wiring harness is wrong (mine is the single line harness) and the center that goes into transfer case is wrong (Mine is the one that reads bad motor) . Go figure. I am inquiring about
.View attachment 73019View attachment 73021
You got a shift motor for a late model np246. Rockauto I see is very confusing on how they list them. The splined shaft is for the np246, rpo NP8, also know as the auto shifting. The one you need is for a np263 which uses the 2 flats(early np246's also used 2 flats, but have the extra pins for the encoder portion dealing with the auto shift) and the single row plug.

Anyone have a clue on how I could test this one with a meter to see if it is good or bad?

Attachments

• 20220316_132545.jpg
    20220316_132545.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220316_132551.jpg
    20220316_132551.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 0
You got a shift motor for a late model np246. Rockauto I see is very confusing on how they list them. The splined shaft is for the np246, rpo NP8, also know as the auto shifting. The one you need is for a np263 which uses the 2 flats(early np246's also used 2 flats, but have the extra pins for the encoder portion dealing with the auto shift) and the single row plug.
I thought 2006 2500/3500 Duramax diesels only came with NP263xd transfer case?

Back