• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!
Sorry for hi-jaking this thread !

Oh, never been away, but most of the time in the Off-Topic part of the forum since I sold my truck.
Still love the people here and would like to have a truck again, but due to our frickin laws here in germany a diesel truck is nearly impossible, due to emission laws (no city downtown driving, sky-rocket-high-road taxes) and a gas powered truck is tooo expensive due fuel cost and not available in the configuration I would love to have.

So, waiting for the dream of immigration . . .

Cu,
Sven

Come over here and work for Volkswagen USA for lower wages, longer hours, less benefits and shittier healthcare. It ain't all Miami Beach and Disneyland.

True but, lower cost of living, less tax, own 10 trucks and 100 guns if you want. Heck, depending where you live its legal to mount guns on your truck. As for health care, our health care is good, just messed up on the paperwork and money side. That can be fixed.
There is one more thing, what was it... oh yeah
'MERICA!!!

True but, lower cost of living, less tax, own 10 trucks and 100 guns if you want. Heck, depending where you live its legal to mount guns on your truck. As for health care, our health care is good, just messed up on the paperwork and money side. That can be fixed.
There is one more thing, what was it... oh yeah
'MERICA!!!

That is what I think, too ! I totally agree with your opinion.
That only problem is to get a green card (permanent resident card). Trying since more than ten years, but no look.

I want to be legal !

Cu,
Sven

Bosch stuff is usually good.
I wish the Rock (you're too funny btw) would carry powermaster 9052 nice n cheap for us.

I don't! Pick one: Cheap or Quality... I honestly get sick and F%$& tired of changing out cheap no-quality parts over and over again! I will gladly pay more the first time and be done with it. Sadly due to everyone's drummed in "Cheap" mindset in the United States quality parts are becoming hard to find. Nevermind taking (more) time to do it over and over when you can simply do it right the first time.

Tommy Boy

Tommy: Chicken wings! Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
Ted Nelson: What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
Ted Nelson: Okay, I'll buy from you.
Tommy: Well, that's... What?

I agree its worth more money to have a better product. Its just all the places I can buy a powermaster from I noticed their prices on other things are not good.
I dont know if powermaster just wont allow lower prices, or if their mark up is high.
My thought is if a bigger supplier like rock auto as to be a supplier for them, it would be more affordable- more people buying them, so they would sell more. That should strengthen their company and ensure they continue.

Now if they were to lower quality to lower prices then NO.

Often times manufacturers will set a bottom price that their authorized dealers can not sell below, or will lose their right to sell the manufacturer's product(s) if they do (like Bose audio products). So, dealers X, Y, and Z all sell widgets by WidgetCo at the same price or within a few cents/dollars of each other without going below WidgetCo's bottom MSRP, unless the manufacturer has an authorized sale price (to move last year's excess production, etc) that the dealers can all drop down to.

I see the geared Remi & Bosch for the 6.5td are @ 3.0kw output are the Powermaster units rated about the same just different gearing, or?

Things going slow here as I lost all of my shop equipment to include mig, compressor, high end charger, drill press, pop-tester etc. getting it all together slowly in between cleanup.

I see the geared Remi & Bosch for the 6.5td are @ 3.0kw output are the Powermaster units rated about the same just different gearing, or?

Things going slow here as I lost all of my shop equipment to include mig, compressor, high end charger, drill press, pop-tester etc. getting it all together slowly in between cleanup.

I see the pontoon floats mod for your marine 6.5 in the future. Seriously that salt bath and loss of equipment has to royally suck. Your head above water is what matters most. (+loved ones.)

More efficient motor that turns more of the 3KW into rotational torque and RPM with the torque at a usable RPM. In fact the 9052 only takes 2.7KW perhaps rounding on the factory number or it's just more efficient. I measured the increase in cranking RPM in the old thread linked below.

An example would be rare earth permanent magnet motor vs. ones that use a field coil for the magnets. No power used for generating one field means more of the battery limited power goes through the armature. Twist of the armature from front to back, brush timing, gearing, etc. are all tricks to get more torque out of a motor. Not saying what Powermaster does or does not use and frankly don't recall.

Regardless the lug nut shattering 260 ft pound of torque is 35 ft pounds more than stock. Comparing it to the lack of torque of a Honda engine isn't even in the ballpark.

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/threads/the-powermaster-9052-starter-for-6-2-and-6-5.26396/

http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/catalog.html
Be on page 32-33.

I see the pontoon floats mod for your marine 6.5 in the future. Seriously that salt bath and loss of equipment has to royally suck. Your head above water is what matters most. (+loved ones.)

More efficient motor that turns more of the 3KW into rotational torque and RPM with the torque at a usable RPM. In fact the 9052 only takes 2.7KW perhaps rounding on the factory number or it's just more efficient. I measured the increase in cranking RPM in the old thread linked below.

An example would be rare earth permanent magnet motor vs. ones that use a field coil for the magnets. No power used for generating one field means more of the battery limited power goes through the armature. Twist of the armature from front to back, brush timing, gearing, etc. are all tricks to get more torque out of a motor. Not saying what Powermaster does or does not use and frankly don't recall.

Regardless the lug nut shattering 260 ft pound of torque is 35 ft pounds more than stock. Comparing it to the lack of torque of a Honda engine isn't even in the ballpark.

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/threads/the-powermaster-9052-starter-for-6-2-and-6-5.26396/

http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/catalog.html
Be on page 32-33.
Thanks for the kind words.

I see the Powermaster "gear reduction" being the ticket on the diesel starters @ a slightly reduced Kw "NICE."

I did get the Bosch SR8574N it came with a lifetime warranty, this time around I added oxygard paste between the starter, starter mounting bolts & block then coated the terminals and cables with CorrosionX HD.

The REMI is the same starter since truck was built only replaced the brushes once, I suspect I can clean it up and test it if it tests OK then keep it as a spare.

I bought a diesel compression tester from Harbor Freight the gauge would not register anything I exchanged it for another and again find the gauge does not work. I figured I could use a gauge I had laying around it worked. Then another problem rears it head the HF glow plug adapter will not thread into the glow plug hole because of exhaust manifold taking up the space the adapter is supposed to go into....anyway got a refund from HF and found the j-tool for the job.
image1 (2).JPG

Well, as I was removing the charge air cooler (CAC/IC) I found the up pipe connector from CAC/IC was forced off by some heavy branches and rushing water when I tried to start the diesel that's when the water entered & hydro-locking it.

Back