• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rough Cold Start

Amazingly the easiest place to get a ferrule is Lowes. Not as much Home Depot. Auto parts store like Napa should have them but Autozone places don’t.

The other places that has them is semi truck dealership like freightliner, peterbilt, etc. The best place to get them always in stock and lowest price is hydraulic/ hose shops.

Amazingly the easiest place to get a ferrule is Lowes. Not as much Home Depot. Auto parts store like Napa should have them but Autozone places don’t.

The other places that has them is semi truck dealership like freightliner, peterbilt, etc. The best place to get them always in stock and lowest price is hydraulic/ hose shops.

I was able to get the ferrule at the local Ace Hardware.

I checked the plug to the coolant temp sender and no damage. I’ll order a new sender. Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve knocked one out while working down there.

So after replacing the heater core hoses, I still have a leak down at the heater core. Low coolant light is on and there is a large puddle on the driveway and the turbo downpipe is wet. It's not leaking in the cab.

Sounds like I will need to pull inner fender and inspect while at operating temp to confirm the issue. I also have an oil leak dripping down over the starter that I can't figure out. Starter is completely covered, as is the bell housing to the transmission.

Only thing with oil from the passenger side, I think, is the turbo and the rocker arm cover.
I bought a coolant system pressure pump. It comes with a cap pressure tester adapter too. I have found I needed that tool way more often than I ever figured I would.
It is mighty nice when a system can be pumped to operating pressure then the leak sought out without all the heat.
I was told the old Buick had a bad coolant pump and the radiator needed replacing. After I got it into the garage and started working on it. The coolant pump I had recently replaced it and there was no leaks and the bearing were just fine, and, there was no leaks on the radiator. Coolant pressure pump was mighty handy for that, left it pumped up for two days and not a drip from anywhere.
Had the tires rotated. The tore shop told me there was a bad lower right side ball joint. I also checked that out, ball joints was all good.
And people wonder why i dont hire the mechanical work done. I am getting to where I dont really enjoy doing the mechanics as much as I used to but I sure aint going to trust any shops.

Only thing with oil from the passenger side, I think, is the turbo and the rocker arm cover.
I bought a coolant system pressure pump. It comes with a cap pressure tester adapter too. I have found I needed that tool way more often than I ever figured I would.
It is mighty nice when a system can be pumped to operating pressure then the leak sought out without all the heat.
I was told the old Buick had a bad coolant pump and the radiator needed replacing. After I got it into the garage and started working on it. The coolant pump I had recently replaced it and there was no leaks and the bearing were just fine, and, there was no leaks on the radiator. Coolant pressure pump was mighty handy for that, left it pumped up for two days and not a drip from anywhere.
Had the tires rotated. The tore shop told me there was a bad lower right side ball joint. I also checked that out, ball joints was all good.
And people wonder why i dont hire the mechanical work done. I am getting to where I dont really enjoy doing the mechanics as much as I used to but I sure aint going to trust any shops.

I will look into the coolant system pressure pump. I know the location of the coolant leak as it's just above the down pipe. I just replaced the heater core hoses thinking they were the problem (heat shield wraps were soaked).

As for the oil leak, could it be from the turbo oil drain pipe into the engine oil pan. That damn thing is loose and easily pulls out. That pipe was cut when ATT was installed. I just replaced the hose connecting the turbo side of the pipe to the engine side of the pipe.

What about the base of the CDR for oil leaks?

@Big T
Did you, or does anyone know how to get ahold of him? Below is a copy/paste from hummer forum today from a reputable guy titled:

Warning: PT wiring solution H1 harness.

I know a few of you are going to go: "Who?"

These guys were around the 6.5 community which goes to show that I found anything you hear from that end of the GMC community you can pretty much ignore for the most part when it comes to our trucks as usual.

Anyways they were selling some H1 stuff on ebay for a bit and their harnesses got good reviews, at least for the non H1 stuff.

I was pretty fed up with the standard GM bullshit group 78 harnesses on our trucks. Bad connections galore and I already went through a set or two over the years.

My gut feeling was this was probably overpriced to begin with and I was just going to buy the tools and equipment to do this myself which is eventually what I'm going to do anyways.

$250.00 well wasted.

Anyways, the connector and cable quality is pretty good, but the starter cable lengths are honestly too long for our trucks [good luck to get it to match placement with our splash shields and original cable routing], and the starter positive lug is too small and requires drilling/reaming up a size or two .

My guess they got some trashed H1 that was missing the oem starter and the splash shields and made a kit and didn't test it on anything else.

The company doesn't seem very active now, I couldn't easily get a hold of their email and when I emailed their sales email I didn't any response. They may be out of business who knows.

They came recommended on some of the 6.5 forums but screw these clowns.

Same problem with 95% of Hummer/hmmwv aftermarket state these days.

No attention to detail. None.

If I get around to crimping a new battery cable set, I'll do a run, they'll match spec and I'll throw a lot of them up for sale and I'll guarantee them.

@Big T
Did you, or does anyone know how to get ahold of him? Below is a copy/paste from hummer forum today from a reputable guy titled:

Warning: PT wiring solution H1 harness.

I know a few of you are going to go: "Who?"

These guys were around the 6.5 community which goes to show that I found anything you hear from that end of the GMC community you can pretty much ignore for the most part when it comes to our trucks as usual.

Anyways they were selling some H1 stuff on ebay for a bit and their harnesses got good reviews, at least for the non H1 stuff.

I was pretty fed up with the standard GM bullshit group 78 harnesses on our trucks. Bad connections galore and I already went through a set or two over the years.

My gut feeling was this was probably overpriced to begin with and I was just going to buy the tools and equipment to do this myself which is eventually what I'm going to do anyways.

$250.00 well wasted.

Anyways, the connector and cable quality is pretty good, but the starter cable lengths are honestly too long for our trucks [good luck to get it to match placement with our splash shields and original cable routing], and the starter positive lug is too small and requires drilling/reaming up a size or two .

My guess they got some trashed H1 that was missing the oem starter and the splash shields and made a kit and didn't test it on anything else.

The company doesn't seem very active now, I couldn't easily get a hold of their email and when I emailed their sales email I didn't any response. They may be out of business who knows.

They came recommended on some of the 6.5 forums but screw these clowns.

Same problem with 95% of Hummer/hmmwv aftermarket state these days.

No attention to detail. None.

If I get around to crimping a new battery cable set, I'll do a run, they'll match spec and I'll throw a lot of them up for sale and I'll guarantee them.

I asked/posted the same question here, seeking phone #. They only had e-Mail which they did not respond to. They did get the orders out, but not immediately. Took like a week. I suspect they had to make both the harness and the heat shields, then ship them. I’m happy with the quality.

Ok. Yeah, everyone else I have heard of had great quality products from him. Thats why I was hoping someone here would know a better way for this guy to get results. Sux to hear someone unhappy with stuff, especially when it is usually good stuff.

Maybe Facebook. He is on my friends list. Not sure how much time he spends on the communist site anymore.

Might be like a bunch of other conservatives, and minimizing flaceblook time.

Maybe Facebook. He is on my friends list. Not sure how much time he spends on the communist site anymore.

Could ya send him the link to that hummer forum I posted? Afaik he always does good quality at good prices. I think he would make that dude happy if he knew what was up. Hate to see people upset with purchases and to see a good name catch bad reputation. The only thing he isn’t good at is letting his customers get ahold of him.

Funny thing, I unintentionally locked myself out of Facebook. Had some millennial calling me a boomer, so I went to get rid of my birth year. That was not an option, so I selected 2020 and that locked me out because the minimum age is 13. FB has no live help. No e-Mail by which you can contact them. They only had some automated help and that want me to submit copies of Federal ID to resolve the matter. F that!

BTW there were at least 3 different guys from Nigeria with FB accounts under my exact name. My name is of Czechoslovakian origin. May have some neandethal genes in me, but I assure you there are no African sub saharan genes in me. Proof of that is my pathetic 12” vertical leap. So it is impossible for some tribal guys from Kenya or Nigeria to have my name.

Back