• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Resurecting New Engine

Got the pro-wings today. ESI was a pleasure to deal with. The packaging on the other hand from Buyers was really light/weak. The box was broken open, and the wings rubbed against each other through their coating down to bare metal already. Will have to get some paint on them. Hopefully Friday night i can get a start on these. Tomorrow during lunch im going to get a new piece of angle iron to mount my rubber snow foil back on the truck.

I started driving my truck a little more last week and had to take the back rack off. The garage i have to park in is 6' 7'' clearance. The rack made the truck 3/4 taller, so i took it off for now along with the tool box and put my old tonneau cover back on. I will be parking in this garage through next April, so this will have to be the look till then.

IMG_20131008_104729_434_zps851fc8c5.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_20131008_104635_831_zpsb2531242.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_20131009_142458_981_zpsd2fc4583.jpg
[/URL]

Hunting season opened last weekend, been spending a lot of time in the woods, truck is filthy.

I'm not holding out a ton of hope your frame is gonna last too long Mike...

I know, its bad. When you sit back and think about it trucks here never last as long as thins one has. Started life as a well drilling company owners truck, then ended up in the company fleet. It was then sold to a worker who defaulted on payments, repo-ed back and sat in a field for 4 years. Then i bought it, and have since driven it as a daily driver/plow truck for another 6-7 years.

I took the truck to a friend last week who crawled under it with a screw driver and went to town. I will get a picture tonight of how the area looks now, its definitely bigger but not as bad as I/he expected. He plans to cut some out, grind it down and plate it sometime within the next week.

POR-15 the frame. Start small, and do sections at a time. The stuff spreads pretty thin and does a cool looking job. You can get a small kit with everything you need for around $20. My neighbor has been playing around with it with his transfer case rebuild.

Our

Need a Texas frame I have a pick and pull down the road from my house. It is $150 for a bare frame. I have no idea how badly shipping will kill you to get it too your door. If interested, PM me.

http://www.wrenchapart.com/price-list/

Thanks for the suggestions! I actually bought an under coating gun the other day on ebay. It is supposed to be made to spray stuff called "fluid film" and "Raptor" undercoating. If these two are the same consistencies i wonder if the gun can spray Por-15?

The frame idea is good, but the body on my truck is in such bad shape also that i really need a whole southern truck with a bad drive train component. Then i could swap my good engine/trans n' such over.

Thanks for the suggestions! I actually bought an under coating gun the other day on ebay. It is supposed to be made to spray stuff called "fluid film" and "Raptor" undercoating. If these two are the same consistencies i wonder if the gun can spray Por-15?

The frame idea is good, but the body on my truck is in such bad shape also that i really need a whole southern truck with a bad drive train component. Then i could swap my good engine/trans n' such over.

There are some cheap trucks around here if you want me to look.

Source Unknown

There are some cheap trucks around here if you want me to look.

Source Unknown

Thanks, i think for now i'm going to push through with this truck as i really don't have time to do a big swap like that before the winter. But come next spring that may change!

Truck has been plowing good over the last few storms. Driving the truck almost daily over the new f150.
Been starting to get some smoke under the hood during plowing. Seems to smell like diesel also. Looks as of the return lines are leaking. Just ordered a new set.

Well since it was 41 degrees here yesterday i decided to try and replace some of the lines before the storm coming. Looking like we are getting a good foot of heavy wet snow then plummeting down to below zero tonight. Just brutal....
I ended up getting the drivers side done, and the first line on the passenger side. Looks like i will have to remove the turbo to gain access to the lines on that side. For now will have to wait for a better day.
I replaced the lines when i rebuilt the engine about 5 years ago and i thought i bought the fancy clampless braided coat line. As i pulled them off they disintegrated. The broke right apart and left a small piece still attched to the injector nipples on almost each one. I dont see how the stock ones lasted as long as they did when i can only get 5 years out of aftermarket ones that are said to be superior?
I ended up buying the same set i believe and didnt realize it until after the fact.

IMG_20140311_181556_571_zps96d87d87.jpg

IMG_20140311_185510_167_zps7a3f0c34.jpg

Back