• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rebuild Time

Hooked onto the stock trailer today to haul a cow to the Vet. Not a big load but it pulled it very well.

Just an update, truck is running great. I would not hesitate to use a Chinese block.

A little over a year ago I got an ATT chip from Leroy Diesel, Slim Shady developed it. I could not give an honest opinion of it as I believe my truck had issues when I first purchased it, (high egt's and low boost). The cracked piston was proof. I therefore made no comment previously about it.

Now I can say I like the chip, It is better suited for towing than my westers tune and also out performs it.

I did drop my TDCOffset from -1.50 to -1.14 as there is enough advance built into the tune IMO.

Last edited:
Truck has been running great, hauled some big loads of cattle with it last week. My nephew was riding with me and commented on how well it pulled, he has a 2001 Cummins. he goes on to ask me if I ever had trans problems, said he didn't want to jinx me. Well he did, with all the research I think my clutches have packed it in.

I am not starting a new thread because I said "F" it, I'm getting a rebuilt with a 3 year 100k km warranty and am having a local shop do it. I need the truck and the write off.

Sorry guys:p

Nothing says the engine's running good like tearing up a trans!! Seriously though sorry to hear about the bad luck. Sounds to me like your nephew is obligated to pitch in a little more now since he jinxed you, eh? :cool:

Reactions: NVW
Back