• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rebuild Time

Sounds good Leo!
Thanks Les, I thought so too when it fired up.:D
Thats fantastic news Leo! Engine looks great, and I have no doubt you'll have all the bugs ironed out in no time, :)

Matt
Thanks Matt, it doesn't look quite as good as it did on the stand. It has a bit of grease and the odd scratch you can't see on it from installation.;)

Yes awesome. Runs smooth. And you did the whole build very quickly.
Next video going to be roasting the tires off it? :)

It's purring like a kitten, I can't say how much I've missed this truck. The cows missed it too, I just checked them with it , they were spread out over a 1/4 section, in no time they were all bunched up around me thinking I was going to feed them.:D

The energy suspension inserts really tightened up the engine, it hardly moves now.

The energy suspension inserts really tightened up the engine, it hardly moves now.
I'm regretting I didn't do that when I had the chance. I got under mine the other night when it was running (which is always such a weird experience hearing all that clatter above you) and while it doesn't look like they're collapsed it does move in the mounts a bit. I don't know if it would feel better or worse with tighter mounts. I'm glad you're enjoying your build!

I'm regretting I didn't do that when I had the chance. I got under mine the other night when it was running (which is always such a weird experience hearing all that clatter above you) and while it doesn't look like they're collapsed it does move in the mounts a bit. I don't know if it would feel better or worse with tighter mounts. I'm glad you're enjoying your build!
When I had the miss fire in #4&5 the engine shook from side to side. Now when I rev it a bit it hardly moves.

Not having this truck was like not having your favorite tool of your trade, I still had my tractor but it wasn't the same. Winter before last there was too much snow to use the truck, last winter was a perfect one for it.

It's alive!

Took about a minute for an injector knock to leave. Seemed like a lot longer.:rolleyes:

One thing about this block I was disappointed with was the 1/4 NPT oil port feeding the turbo is oversize. I taped it good and it is still leaking, I'm going to try some form a gasket or silicone tomorrow.
My puter don't let me play the vid!
But I'm sure it runs good, them China blocks have a habit of doing that.:D

Well if there is not always sumtin to complain about..jeez
I practically gave thatta brand new block away and it still ain't good enough..:rolleyes:
Get yourself a new fitting( maybe its metric tread), it may solve the problem...the old one could've been squashed to hell by that :hungover: mechanic that put that thing together :oops:

Last edited:
My puter don't let me play the vid!
But I'm sure it runs good, them China blocks have a habit of doing that.:D

Well if there is not always sumtin to complain about..jeez
I practically gave thatta brand new block away and it still ain't good enough..:rolleyes:
Get yourself a new fitting( maybe its metric tread), it may solve the problem...the old one could've been squashed to hell by that :hungover: mechanic that put that thing together :oops:
It's a pretty small problem overall, the plugs that came with it bottom out as well, instead of getting tight as a pipe thread should. I'm happy with it.

"I practically gave thatta brand new block away" Cash will do that:)

It's a pretty small problem overall, the plugs that came with it bottom out as well, instead of getting tight as a pipe thread should. I'm happy with it.

"I practically gave thatta brand new block away" Cash will do that:)
I did not know, i never checked them on mine.

That is what matters most.:D

I was just poking you.;)
The block was just sitting here collecting dust, i was glad to be able to help you out.

I used the energy suspension mounts when I did the swap as well. The engine still doesn't move 2 years later. I'm adding energy suspension tranny mount this weekend. For one reason or another, it hasn't happened.

Back