• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rebuild Time

Looks really great!! I'm loving the color more and more. I may do that color if there's a next one. Congrats on the progress! I can't wait to hear it running :smuggrin:

Thanks, I wished I would have made the paint a touch more green, in certain light it has a blue hue to it.

Tomorrow I'm off to a Bull sale so it's staying where it is. I'm getting anxious.

The heat shield is mounted above the starter with one lip under the starter bracket to block bolt and the other lip to an smal L shaped bracket under a transmission bell housing to engine stud.
Sorry,got no pic

Thanks Simon, it was one of the first things I removed before i thought to take pics.

Thats a fine looking 6.5, and true to its Detroit Diesel heritage. :) Now you just got to try and keep it from leaking from every seal, like all the diesels that came from the factory in that color, unless of course your really going for a legitimate Detroit Diesel look. :D

Matt

looks good!

If/ when I ever build one up, I think I will go with the silvery blue that came on the 60 Series detroit. 4 stroke, computer controlled after all. :)

Engine has been in for 2-3 days. Just have my hyd. pump and the accessories to install as well as the fender and bat. Put a new oil cooler on that I've had from Leroy for a few years. Installed a dual remote oil filter setup, oil changes are going to be nice and clean now. Changed what I believe to be the original u-joints on the front drive shaft.

Was hoping to maybe fire it up tomorrow but am short an oil filter, forgot I used it on the forklift.:banghead:

Engine has been in for 2-3 days. Just have my hyd. pump and the accessories to install as well as the fender and bat. Put a new oil cooler on that I've had from Leroy for a few years. Installed a dual remote oil filter setup, oil changes are going to be nice and clean now. Changed what I believe to be the original u-joints on the front drive shaft.

Was hoping to maybe fire it up tomorrow but am short an oil filter, forgot I used it on the forklift.:banghead:
I can't wait to do a remote oil filter setup. Congrats on the progress!

It's alive!

Took about a minute for an injector knock to leave. Seemed like a lot longer.:rolleyes:

One thing about this block I was disappointed with was the 1/4 NPT oil port feeding the turbo is oversize. I taped it good and it is still leaking, I'm going to try some form a gasket or silicone tomorrow.

It's alive!

Took about a minute for an injector knock to leave. Seemed like a lot longer.:rolleyes:

One thing about this block I was disappointed with was the 1/4 NPT oil port feeding the turbo is oversize. I taped it good and it is still leaking, I'm going to try some form a gasket or silicone tomorrow.
Nice!! Congrats. I love the green. Good choice. That sucks on the oil leak. I've been really happy with the Delco pipe dope I used but it's pricey. I'd try your other ideas first.

Back