• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rebuild Time

No news as of yet, I'm still using the truck sparingly.

I have suspected bad injectors for awhile but turned a blind eye to it, mine would have about the 100k life cycle. They were marine rebuilds by Hector. I guess I can't complain.

I got new nozzles off Ebay that appear to be genuine German Bosch nozzles. Link: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/291280641538?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 They have right markings on the nozzle according to post 9 in this thread: http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63...-5l-diesel-engine/172294-injector-tester.html

A couple of years ago my 95 6.5 started running like crap. I was getting codes 92 93 and 94. After tearing out the whole fuel system and a month later, I found a broken rocker arm retainer on the passenger side of the engine. It had allowed the rocker arm to slip and the push rod had came out and was just laying there. I replaced the one rod and all the retainers. That was four years ago and I was lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my #6 piston, I now see why there was only 25 psi compression. Tomorrow I'll finish tearing it down and check the main webs.IMG_0482.JPG

Those supposed marine injectors by Hector have standard nozzles in them, he didn't have a good rep IIRC.

I don't see any sign of melting. (Maybe lower right corner of the crown?) Did the cylinder get scuffed?

Just fatigue or minor casting flaw comes to mind. Otherwise oil failure causing a scuff condition that cracked the piston from stress?

I assume you cleaned the top because it looks like a valve hit if you didn't.

Never cleaned it up, I haven't looked at the head or valves for damage. Oil pressure has always been good. Cylinder looks to be OK on a quick glance.

Leo, not having a job is making me lose my mind. I thought that was funny. Too each, his own.

Had to google also!
Can't tell from my phone- is that a valve stamp mark?
The indent in the valve relief Will? I haven't looked it over much yet, got the heads and pan off is all, then it was time to come in.

Here's some pics of the piston out, I guess I'll be looking into Lock n Stitch or a new block. One wonders how long the cracks have been there.

Attachments

• IMG_0503.JPG
    IMG_0503.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0499.JPG
    IMG_0499.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 37
I see that piston has become your avatar. :D Bummer about the block. I often wounder how many crack free 6.5 blocks are even around any more. Thats excluding the Optimizers of course.

Matt

Back