• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Raced a Duramax!

I wished it was that simple for me:mad2:. I need all new steering linkage if I want to hammer it in 4 low. The earlier style steering linkage is just to weak to put any power to without it flexing all over the place. 1/2 throttle had me going every which way but straight.

I'd be scared shitless to hammer it in 4-low!:thumbsup::eek:

Ferm,

I thought that yours was a torsion bar suspension?

It is, but my steering linkage is drastically different from the newer trucks like yours. Mine uses hollow sleeves to adjust the tie rods, and an offset center link that adds stress to the idler and pitman. There are some upgraded parts out there, but I can't afford that kind of money right now for it(I believe the COGNITO braces and updated idler pivot were close to $600 for just those, and then new tie rod ends and sleeves). I'd be close to a grand probably just so I could launch in 4 low.

It is, but my steering linkage is drastically different from the newer trucks like yours. Mine uses hollow sleeves to adjust the tie rods, and an offset center link that adds stress to the idler and pitman. There are some upgraded parts out there, but I can't afford that kind of money right now for it(I believe the COGNITO braces and updated idler pivot were close to $600 for just those, and then new tie rod ends and sleeves). I'd be close to a grand probably just so I could launch in 4 low.

I figured with all the tech skills I've seen of yours you'd have fabricated your own tie rod sleeves...and possibly some of the others...

and DON'T launch in 4Lo...4hi is what you launch in...:thumbsup:

I figured with all the tech skills I've seen of yours you'd have fabricated your own tie rod sleeves...and possibly some of the others...

and DON'T launch in 4Lo...4hi is what you launch in...:thumbsup:

I could make sleeves for it, but the COGNITO braces and the stronger pivot support are still a big chunk of change for these old body trucks.

Back