• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Post your Towing Pictures here!

I hauled 20 loads of hay last week 35 ml round trips,(21000 lbs incl trailer) was easy peezy with the D-max.
Even my wife liked driving it.:)

Careful there Simon, usually when the wife likes driving a vehicle there is a chance that they might take it away from you...:hihi:

Careful there Simon, usually when the wife likes driving a vehicle there is a chance that they might take it away from you...:hihi:
Not as Iong as i'm aIive she won't :nonod:

Never mind the typo's :)
I got an Effed up key board,..I spiIIed a cup of coffee on it Iast night :mad2:

Not much weight, but at least the Duramax got to take the wood boiler to the final destination.

Attachments

• DSCN5010.JPG
    DSCN5010.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN5019.JPG
    DSCN5019.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN5020.JPG
    DSCN5020.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN5021.JPG
    DSCN5021.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 8
It was a tow truck, so I'm guessing he picked up a car that was pretty nose heavy. The GM frames will bend at the rear if you overload them tongue weight wise, but with a wrecker he could put enough weight on it to lift the front end up, and buckle the frame. I've seen it on quite a few half tons that people used as wreckers.

Cousin hooked front bumper to another truck to add more weight cause he was lifting front tires in air, was winching gal who slid off 8 ft embankment but there has to be some give, made me laugh HARD I brought roll back to save The day and rebuilt tow truck in next few weeks he had a extra cab 6.5 with auto I put stick from wrecker in it and transfers engines and trannys and mounted wrecker bed on his rig

20141118_164526.jpg

Balancer finally separated on me. Had to ditch it at a friends house; this one is picking it up. Tow vehicle is dad's 93 factory IDI Turbo 5spd.

20141122_165040.jpg

Bringing the DD home after new balancer install. Towed great.

Back