• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Poll Idea's

This poll isn't meant for us lowly 6.5 owners:(
Except fer me!!! :cool: Courtesy of the DOT. They speced one and the dealer installed it, along with the 2way radio, light bar, PA, after market cheesy alarm, big bright reflective tape stripe, and a big sticker over the filler door that says DIESEL ONLY. Even the wife couldn't miss it. :rof:

How old were you when you lost your cherry... and got your first truck? :D

10-19
20-29
30-39
40-49
50-59
60-69
Other (see thread)

:patriotic2:
A some what serious poll to sample the demographic on here.
How much school learning you got?
>My high school diploma was pretty much a gift for showing up most of the time.
>I made it out of High School OK but didn't go further.
>I went to Vocational, Trade or Technical school and got a Diploma in some skill.
>I joined the military out of HS and went to a military tech school. :drillsergeant:
>I went to a Community or Junior college and have a associates degree (60+ hours)
>I have a baccalaureate (4 year 120+ hours) degree in something. So I'm smarter than I look.
>I have a masters or post masters degree in a thing. So I'm a smarty pants.
>I have a doctorate in a non medical thing. So I may not be able to do it but I can teach it.
>I am an medical doctor. No really, why is that funny?
Then please post what degree(s)/diplomas/certifications you have and how/when/where you got them.
Other situation? Pick the closest and then explain in a post.
Maybe we need a topic: Ask the experts, about other than truck stuff. And you guys can chime in on your area of expertise. :bow:
:usa:
There you go Bill, you happy now? :)

:patriotic2:
A some what serious poll to sample the demographic on here.
How much school learning you got?
>My high school diploma was pretty much a gift for showing up most of the time.
>I made it out of High School OK but didn't go further.
>I went to Vocational, Trade or Technical school and got a Diploma in some skill.
>I joined the military out of HS and went to a military tech school. :drillsergeant:
>I went to a Community or Junior college and have a associates degree (60+ hours)
>I have a baccalaureate (4 year 120+ hours) degree in something. So I'm smarter than I look.
>I have a masters or post masters degree in a thing. So I'm a smarty pants.
>I have a doctorate in a non medical thing. So I may not be able to do it but I can teach it.
>I am an medical doctor. No really, why is that funny?
Then please post what degree(s)/diplomas/certifications you have and how/when/where you got them.
Other situation? Pick the closest and then explain in a post.
Maybe we need a topic: Ask the experts, about other than truck stuff. And you guys can chime in on your area of expertise. :bow:
:usa:
There you go Bill, you happy now? :)

This poll, if done, should be multiple choice. Many military join out of HS, do military tech schools, then go on to college afterwards.

Also, suggestion for another poll (also multiple choice): What branch of the military did you serve in?

Navy
Army
USMC
Air Force
Coast Guard
Always been a civillian

This poll, if done, should be multiple choice. Many military join out of HS, do military tech schools, then go on to college afterwards. Also, suggestion for another poll (also multiple choice): What branch of the military did you serve in?
Navy
Army
USMC
Air Force
Coast Guard
Always been a civilian

:agreed: I did it with multiple choice in mind. In fact separating out the Military service its self from tech schools in the military, and moving those to the trade/tech item would be a good edit. I don't know how many choices the polling mechanism allows. If you can do sub polls or two polls in one post adding in the military service poll would be good. To catch those dual trained guys like Bernie says.

Here's one. Who all here is a blood donor? I just donated today and wondered who else here does.

Voluntary or involuntary? Don't laugh. I think I involuntarily donate at least a pint every time I work on my truck.

Seriously though, there should be more than "yes" or "no" on this poll. Some folks would like to donate but can't for various reasons (usually medical restrictions), some may donate but not whole blood (platelets, etc.), and some might not be able to on religious grounds.

Voluntary or involuntary? Don't laugh. I think I involuntarily donate at least a pint every time I work on my truck.

Seriously though, there should be more than "yes" or "no" on this poll. Some folks would like to donate but can't for various reasons (usually medical restrictions), some may donate but not whole blood (platelets, etc.), and some might not be able to on religious grounds.

Good points. Perhaps offer options on it such as
  • voluntary
  • unvoluntary (working on truck for example)
  • Can't (for one reason or another)
  • Never have, but thought about it
  • Never have and never plan too

Who's your hero? (explain in thread)

• Parent
  • Sibling
  • Other relative
  • Friend
  • Celebrity
  • Other
  • No heroes here (which way to the Thunderdome? :D)

Back