• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P400 in the Burb install

Rockabilly, do you have access to the Stanadyne Injection Pump Specifications for the 4974 pump and the 6360 pump? I don't mean the flow specs I'm talking about the info that the pump builders use when rebuilding the pumps. I would like to compare the two to see what the differences are.

Unfortunately I don't have full access to Stanadyne's information because I'm not a certified rebuilder, and probably never will be.

I have the 4974 calibration sheets but I was mistaken about having the 6360 specs. Since its not a GM OEM pump I couldn't get the specs.... Yet. You can manipulate the Stanadyne dealer portal URL and get a lot of free information. I will try and track down the spec sheet.

But the only differences between automotive and marine pumps are flow cc setting and they use different governor springs. They are basically identical on the inside just calibrated differently.

If I had to guess based on the other sheets the 6360 would need to flow around 105cc to make 300hp
The 200hp 4911 is 68cc and the 250hp 4974 flows 81cc

I have a serious problem, I can't get a IP for my P400 build and I want to go buy this and build a 6.5 hot rod truck with all of the xtra 6.5 parts I have! Someone help me!
Hey guys, wouldn't a 1980 C10 have a 5.7 diesel instead of a 6.2 if it was still original? I didn't think the 6.2 come out until 1982?

Will that tranny hold up to a 300 HP 6.5 turbo? I take it it is a 3 speed. I read that the 5.7 diesel was good for transforming it to a gas engine with gasser oldsmobile heads, comments said the bottom end is stronger than a stock SBC 350.

Also I feel like I should mention that the stock input shaft has a weak link machined into it. So if the pump locks up it will snap the input shaft and save the engine. In order to get BIG fueling from the big bore pumps an all billet shaft was needed to eliminate the weak link in the input shaft. So that being said if the pump fails... you may have catastrophic engine failure.
Back to the P400 Build....
So I figured I'd talk about this, so below are pics of what happened when my 1st Conastoga pump seized at idle, What is the worst that can happen to a 6.5 with one of CDD billet none shear pump shafts at let s say 3000 RPM?

Attachments

• IMG_0809.JPG
    IMG_0809.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0837.JPG
    IMG_0837.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 12
So will it snap the cam, or the crank or strip gears? Of just shear the keyway? Seeing how the keyway doesn't fully engage in the cam gear to IP gear. I guess the only way to no is to do it but I don't think I'm willing to try it.

Back to the P400 Build....
So I figured I'd talk about this, so below are pics of what happened when my 1st Conastoga pump seized at idle, What is the worst that can happen to a 6.5 with one of CDD billet none shear pump shafts at let s say 3000 RPM?
These pics are with the pump shaft shearing @ idle BTW.

Attachments

• IMG_0809.JPG
    IMG_0809.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0837.JPG
    IMG_0837.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Well, I found someone to work on my IP and I installed it today and it runs great so far, keep in mind I have not installed the turbo or intake manifold yet but atleast I have a pump that runs as it should. The $2500 I gave Conestoga was a big waste of my time and money as far as I'm concerned and I will never give them another dime of my $ or recommend their service for anything.

Thats too bad that companies wont stand behind their products.
Bad enough to have a lot of time invested to only have to do it all over again, and at a loss of the price of another pump.

Back