• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P400 in the Burb install

Thanks, that's defiantly something I would want to think about since there are no more gear drive sets available for these engines along with no P400's available. So I'm told that one problem with the pump shafts failing is the side load on the transfer pump, so how is the transfer pump pressure increased? Do they just put a stiffer spring for the transfer pump regulating piston?

Thanks, that's defiantly something I would want to think about since there are no more gear drive sets available for these engines along with no P400's available. So I'm told that one problem with the pump shafts failing is the side load on the transfer pump, so how is the transfer pump pressure increased? Do they just put a stiffer spring for the transfer pump regulating piston?

Transfer pump pressure is adjusted by turning the screw on the regulator assembly. 130psi is the most you can run before you start running into issues

As far as the CDD pump goes about the most technical info I got out of Wes was that the in cab adjustable 150 cc pump eliminates the internal transfer pump and requires a boost referenced return fuel system with a 150 PSI 175 GPH lift pump. I would just need some more info and pros and cons and maybe what my other options are if I don't want the elaborate fuel system even though I have half of the system already made.

Attachments

• IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 8
Interesting. I never spoke to him too much about the in cab fueling adjustment. But if the timing is locked, then you really wouldn't need the transfer pump anymore.

I know the older tractor pulling guys are big on removing the transfer pump on their pumps. But for a driver, I'm not sure I would eliminate the advance system and transfer pump like that. But you have to give and take if you want that much fuel. I'm shooting for 150cc on my personal truck, and I've got a few tricks I'm going to try to keep the timing advance functional.

Yea, that's my fine line here, this isn't a race truck, it's a driver and I'd like to stop working on it and just drive and enjoy it for a change so I don't want to over complicate it. That's why I would just like to talk to him and figure out the best setup and go from there.

I stumbled across this manual about the DB2 pump and it has helped me more than the videos. It's to big to share the whole thing but here is the link and then you can download and save like I did and then read.

file:///C:/Users/spdgo/Downloads/Fuel%20Injection%20Pump%20Systems%20(1).pdf

Oh, and did you guys know that Stanadyne made a pump for the P400 engine? I guess just like they made the marine pump for Peninsular.

The DB2 manual thats available online is pre 6.2. Its very helpful to understand how the pump works. But the specs and procedures are wrong for our style db2. Just so everyone is aware.

Yep the p400 got the DS4831-6033. Flows 120cc stock, ive seen 140cc on one with a tune. Quadstar calls it "The Beast Pump"

Will might be able to answer this better than I can. But I was under the impression the p400 only got the DS4831-6033.

On my price list the 6033 is listed at a GEP pump. The 6360 is listed as a US engine production pump. They are a rebuilder who sells new p400s on their website. So maybe stanadyne is making them a pump?

I've got the pump for my build sitting here and I just had it rechecked because it has been sitting unused for a few years now, started life new as a 2833-6284, it's calibrated to max fuel @ 161cc's , and 4500 rpm's, this one is spec'd very close to the pump I had built for "ol blue" when I built that motor, it was more than enough for what the truck was used for, and from what I hear it's still going strong today..

I thought about going with a cdd pump with more fuel but I don't think I'll need it...

I was looking over the shoulder of the guy at my local pump shop and it was on the Stanadyne list right by the DB233-4974 6.2 Liter Marine (250 H.P.)

I've got the pump for my build sitting here and I just had it rechecked because it has been sitting unused for a few years now, started life new as a 2833-6284, it's calibrated to max fuel @ 161cc's , and 4500 rpm's, this one is spec'd very close to the pump I had built for "ol blue" when I built that motor, it was more than enough for what the truck was used for, and from what I hear it's still going strong today..

I thought about going with a cdd pump with more fuel but I don't think I'll need it...
I think you need one of those CDD pumps with all the bells and whistles so you can sell me yours LOL!

Hummer ds4 is Roughly starting 1996. None before then. I say most because there were a few, very few, special order 1996 hummers that were still db2.
afaik ALL db2 hummers were naturally aspirated. So...
92-95 n/a db2
96-03 turbo ds4 with same ecm
2004 turbo ds4 but used the caterpillar ecm- which most are afraid of because hard to find but a few learned they are really stable from issues
No 2005 ever made
2006 is “Alpha” which has duramax.

That is all civilian Hummers. (H1)

as to military HMMWV- they had a large selection of db2 pumps, I don’t have the different numbers, but all were 24 volt.
They did do some db4 that went on some spec op hmmwvs, but what I understand those ips were later replaced with a better db2. Supposed to have been some mid range throttling issues on the db4 - but I don’t know the details.

So that 300hp db2833-6360 I think is what they used to replace the db4. So the big question is- can we buy that one new? My thing would be that in 12volt with an aneroid. When I first learned of it was a certain someone looking under a hood at sema from the nxt360- but I spoke to the guy heading up that project and he said nxt360 and it’s parts are on terminal hold until the (or a different) administration decides we need some. Or if a different country were to place an order for some. So basically they have a few test units built and sitting.

If someone comes across a NSN for that pump, that might help if we get nowhere on getting them?

I have a serious problem, I can't get a IP for my P400 build and I want to go buy this and build a 6.5 hot rod truck with all of the xtra 6.5 parts I have! Someone help me!

Attachments

• 1980 C 10.jpg
    1980 C 10.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 10
As far as the CDD pump goes about the most technical info I got out of Wes was that the in cab adjustable 150 cc pump eliminates the internal transfer pump and requires a boost referenced return fuel system with a 150 PSI 175 GPH lift pump. I would just need some more info and pros and cons and maybe what my other options are if I don't want the elaborate fuel system even though I have half of the system already made.

Oh, so this is what you call “hack” work???? 😁 Me like.

The 6360 list for $1565.00 in my older price book. Any stanadyne distributor can order one for you.

I dont believe it was a hummer pump originally. Every military pump is listed as GEP in my book. The 6360 is listed as US EP.

Will might be able to answer this better than I can. But I was under the impression the p400 only got the DS4831-6033.

On my price list the 6033 is listed at a GEP pump. The 6360 is listed as a US engine production pump. They are a rebuilder who sells new p400s on their website. So maybe stanadyne is making them a pump?

The van P400s are advertised as new, but the side mount turbos conspicuously aren't called new. Wonder if they're freshened up take- outs? At just under 10k they're way below the last remaining new ones out there that are listed at 14k. I know it's a select market but I'm still surprised to see any out there.

Back