• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P400 in the Burb install

Yea, its when you machine and change the angle of the 45 degree reliefs around the valves. This does two things: it unshrouds the valves at low lift, and it increases chamber volume

I know what valve reliefs are the 6.2/6.5 don't have any, just a swirl chamber on the top of the piston

Anxious to see how well the Pro Vent works, but probably have to wait 200K miles.

Nice that you're putting a Fluidampr on. Is it really needed with a forged crank?

Yea, from what I understand if you want 18:1 Penninsular will install them, and no I am keeping the existing comp. ratio but I will put .010 thicker HGs on it I may machine the valve reliefs (make them wider/larger) if I can get my machinist to do it. I have no pics of the exhaust manifolds right now, they were done like 8 years ago when I gasket matched the heads and manifolds. I will post up some pics of the exhaust manifolds after I get them extrude honed.

Nice work. Looks real good. I have been thinking about trying a 5 angle valve job with a bowl blend and backcut valves on a set of 6.5 heads. Interested to see how all this turns out.

I had a 5 angle done on a set years back, no complaints engine ran 200k miles and sold with no loss through valves.

So is that the correct termanology, 5 angle valve job? Ok, I had a machinist refer to them as valve reliefs. sorry, my bad

Back to the intake parts coating, heat dispersant? Or just for looks?

Where did the ProVent come from? Am thinking about installing the ProVent, but at the same time am leaning toward the Mishimoto system.

Back to the intake parts coating, heat dispersant? Or just for looks?

Where did the ProVent come from? Am thinking about installing the ProVent, but at the same time am leaning toward the Mishimoto system.
My entire intake and exhaust system has been ceramic coated from the airbox to the downpipe, on the exhaust to keep heat in and on the intake to keep engine bay heat out, plus it looks good. I got the Provent from here http://www.diesel-filters.com/ I put one on my tahoe first and it really kept the turbo clean. I probably need a new CDR on the tahoe. I need to search where to buy the CDRs and get two.

I got the CS144 Alternator bolted in my old motor today. The top braket is made from 1/4x1 1/4 flat steel and the bolt holes are 3 3/4" apart. The rear bracket is made from the old piece that braced the GM 4 turbo to the upper intake, I cut it and bent it a little and welded a piece if 1/2" rod in between, and it is bolted to the front intake bolt on the # 3 cyl. I didn't have to do anything with the belt, it ended up working just fine. I think the belt that is on my truck is the same as a 93 6.5 turbo with A/C. I think thats what I got when I deleted the vacuum pump.

Attachments

• pics 104.jpg
    pics 104.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 28
  • pics 105.jpg
    pics 105.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 27
  • pics 106.jpg
    pics 106.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 28
  • pics 107.jpg
    pics 107.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 28
  • pics 108.jpg
    pics 108.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 28
  • pics 109.jpg
    pics 109.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 29
  • pics 101.jpg
    pics 101.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 26
  • pics 103.jpg
    pics 103.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 26
I got my plastic piece glued into my instrument bezel where the old radio was, now it's space is for my IA temp and drive pressure gauges. Also some pics of my other 3 gauges that have been in the truck since 1995

Attachments

• pics 018.jpg
    pics 018.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 14
  • pics 017.jpg
    pics 017.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 14
  • pics 016.jpg
    pics 016.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 15
  • pics 010.jpg
    pics 010.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 15
  • pics 008.jpg
    pics 008.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 15
  • pics 007.jpg
    pics 007.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 14
  • pics 006.jpg
    pics 006.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 16
Here is some pics of my air box mod, I bought this Trans Am fender vent to put in the PS fender to feed the airbox but it wont fit with the factory fender flares. If anyone has a truck without fender flares and wants this let me know, I wont be useing it I have found something else that I think will fit with the fender flare. I can never get these pics to load in the order that I want.

Attachments

• pics 097.jpg
    pics 097.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 24
  • pics 098.jpg
    pics 098.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 24
  • pics 099.jpg
    pics 099.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 25
  • pics 100.jpg
    pics 100.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 26
  • pics 019.jpg
    pics 019.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 25
  • pics 020.jpg
    pics 020.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 24
I wished I could fab like that, I paid someone to build it. Where did you get that scoop on the fender?Oops

I wished I could fab like that, I paid someone to build it, same guy that did my new IC pipes. Where did you get that scoop on the fender?

I wish I could tell you. Its been to long. Pretty sure it came from Ebay though. Came as a pair.

Back