• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P30 chassis drama , Optic sensor , (Australia)

Well All i can say if you guys are ever in the east coast of australia and need some where to stay ,, drop in ,
i have loads of room and a few harleys for you guys to use , dang you can even use the RV ,,,
Thanks again and happy new year ,
Now all i have to do is find some where here that has the CPS and im all good ,,,,,
Steaks and beers on me !

AK everything In Australia costs a lot , but saying that the average wage is 75 to 150K a year , even plumbers earn $4000 a week here , In the mines you can crack $5000 a week driving a dump truck but its bloody hot work ,
so its all realitive to what the wages are , me i sit in an aircon office checking comunications equiptment , easy work good pay ,,
Even a 2002 motor home here costs $95000 ,, I wish i could grab some of your pick up trucks from the USA and bring here a dodge ram is pulling 167 thousand ,,,,,,,, big money ,,,,,,,View attachment 58975
My eldest boychild just bought a 2019 Dodge 3500 series, Cummins enjun. $70,000.00 and some change. Special order, He wanted more bells and whistles and a sunroof too. LOL

[ATTACH type="full"]58992[/ATTACH]MrMarty51 Thats what i was saying , things cost so much here in OZ , there are a few company`s now that are bringing the cars and trucks from the USA to here but the government hits us with import tax then we get another luxury car tax on any car truck thats over 70K so we get hit twice then when we go to register it we get hit with another 5% stamp duty at the roads and maritime , then we need to fuel up and thats another 80% tax ,,,, yes our fuel is taxed so bloody high , we are paying $1.70 for diesel a litre Thats $7.65 a gallon ,,, man then we have to eat !
Safe travels everyone thanks again for all your help
At least im living the dream , retire in 6 months and travel with my wife

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-09-21-14-41-38.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-21-14-41-38.png
    231.9 KB · Views: 4
Wow! Fuel prices like that and I would loose the ds4 for a Db2 and go back to waste oil/gas mix as fuel.

But when traveling becomes the primary- no time for that nonsense. Enjoy the retirement.

WOW and people over here get to complaining about fuel prices. YEEEEEOUCHEEEEEeeeee.

In Your retirement, if You ever make it to Eastern Montana, be sure to give Me a holler.

Pics of that would be great as well, don't see many p30 RVs
@3bals owns one. Remember his repower and new transmission thread after it barfed a pushrod pulling into the campground here in Lincoln with it? I drove out to Reno with him to ferry it back when he first bought it, it's a really nice rig.

Back