• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P30 chassis drama , Optic sensor , (Australia)

Gravel

Reaction score
G`day all and merry christmas and happy new year ,
I have purchased a P30 chassis rv and the person i purchased it off told me that it had a new IP 12 months ago , It had the foot down no go syndrome so some mechanic did the optic bump but didnt mark the original position ,,, so I have a Tech 2 and can read the timing data i just dont know what the timing and fuel data should be any help ,,,
PS: the PMD has been relocated but as far as i can see there is no resistor in the conector ????????

Cheers all
Rob ( gravel man )
By the way its bloody hot here 44c today and for the next week ,,,, I love my air con ,,

so she is a side mount turbo , Im getting miss fire on cyl1 and 7 , the injectors are stuck open as the rv was sitting in the Australian outback for 6 years with out being ran , the owner passed away after ony driving the rv once ,
anyhow when i picked her up i drained the diesel and changed out the filters did the engine oil and trans fluid and filters , it has only 27000 miles from new , anyhow after the 3rd fill up on the way home i was getting a miss fire the rv came with a TECH 2 thats how i found the miss fire ,, so i have ordered new injectors they will be here today ( Fingers crossed ) ,, once i have fitted the new injectors i will try and check the optic sensor , Thanks again for the reply
Rob

The resistor goes in the pmd connector and if there isn’t one then you’ll need to put a resistor in the pmd. The computer checks the resistor every now and then. Since it sat for 6 years I bet the resistor is one of the first things the computer looked for and couldn’t find. This might also be one of the problems.

Will I ordered 8 new injectors the 2 that were coming up bad were cyl1 and cyl7 Both on MY passanger side ( Right hand drive ) so i will swap them out forst and bleed the lines and see what shows next

Will sorry buddy i brought Original GM injectors , we have a place here called suburban imports they get there enging parts from a company in the USA called gale banks ?? I have never heard of them but they have 24 months 50000 mile warenty so i thought they must be ok ,,, $650 US so near $900 Australian landed here .......

Haha- electronics pro means those are the cleanest connections on any Rv in that hemisphere!

If it really is coming from Gale Banks and not someone scamming of his name, they will be good. Anything coming from Banks can be counted on, but is never low price tag.

Not breaking 175 : maybe verify that. It is really odd to stay that low. You definitely want to be above 165, I target 180. Most target 195 because that is peak for fuel efficiency, I prefer more “headroom” on the temp gauge away from too hot.

Back