• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P30 chassis drama , Optic sensor , (Australia)

AK everything In Australia costs a lot , but saying that the average wage is 75 to 150K a year , even plumbers earn $4000 a week here , In the mines you can crack $5000 a week driving a dump truck but its bloody hot work ,
so its all realitive to what the wages are , me i sit in an aircon office checking comunications equiptment , easy work good pay ,,
Even a 2002 motor home here costs $95000 ,, I wish i could grab some of your pick up trucks from the USA and bring here a dodge ram is pulling 167 thousand ,,,,,,,, big money ,,,,,,,Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 4.10.38 pm.png

I will check the temps out will i will stick a digital temp gauge on and see .... It ran great the turbo didnt seem to be doing much ,,, i have checked the vac lines and all is good was sounding like spooling up on the big hills , will rip the thurmostat out and see if its stuck open ,,,,
Thanks for all the help ,,,, I need it ,,, hahaha:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Just had a look at the tech 2 it states fuel 8
4 6 and 8 out of ballance
I still have a misfire on 1 and 7 ????

just wondering if thats the optic sensor ,, maybe to low fuel

Will sorry buddy i brought Original GM injectors , we have a place here called suburban imports they get there enging parts from a company in the USA called gale banks ?? I have never heard of them but they have 24 months 50000 mile warenty so i thought they must be ok ,,, $650 US so near $900 Australian landed here .......
Gale Banks is an icon in the automotive racing and R&D realms........

Fellow Traveler , I googled him as i have never heard of him in Australia ,,, i see he does a lot with the military ,,,, thats good enough for me ,,, HOORAH !
Check out his u tube channel too lots of good info therein not too infer our cousin's down under don't know a thing or two in fact I watch all the great overland adventures and tech too on the tube from down under..........

AK ,,,, oh the CPS , crank pos sensor ,,, OK ,,,,, I though that there may be some drama there ,,, the engine light came on at about 60 kph but went off again about another 10 k`s up the road ,,,, i may swap it out for the hell of it ,,, do i have to shim the cps on a 6.5 or drop in and bolt up ?????

AK whats that brother ? CPS/OS tests
unplug the OS and start the engine. It will crank a long time before it starts but it should start. If it does that means the CPS is good. If it does not, then the CPS or its wiring is bad.

now plug in the OS and unplug the CPS and start the engine. Again long crank but it will start. If it starts the OS is good. If it does not start the OS is bad.

you can do either one first, so if you suspect the OS, begin by unplugging the CPS first.

Thanks Will ,,, Just what i need buddy , cheers for that ,, Now time to get the BBQ warmmed up for family today Its saturday morning here we have a heat wave comming 46c thats about 115f , way to hot and we have it for 4 days ,,,,,

I also noticed the engineoil is about 1/4 inch above the full mark ?? I will flush and drop the oil today and re fill ,,,
Thanks again every one
HAPPY NEW YEAR .....:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Wll , Your a legend brother ,
The truck ran with the CPS unplugged , But would only try and start with the OS unplugged ,,,,
Looks like a crank sensor is needed ,,

That was all @ak diesel driver that made that call. I just answered when you asked him what he meant. He has taught that quick test to many on here including me. I used to take half hour with a scanner. So another winner winner chicken dinner to my friend in Alaska. Although, I would really offer him a steak not chicken. I mean, steak always beats chicken!

Back