• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P0251 6.5l please help.

All this time, we thought that the PMD resistor is NOT important.

It looks like, we prooved that bad resistor will cause the timing to be messed up.

Wow. Feel so bad watching you go through all that. So happy you are through it.
Honestly not being a jerk, but really- just look at the ease of a db2. I can’t do ds4-db2 here because of smog regs. If i could my wife would have a 99 tahoe with db2 in her driveway and I would still have my 99 truck. The pmd is the worst thing to ever happen to the gm diesel imo- more than the converted 350 gas engines things.

Wow. Feel so bad watching you go through all that. So happy you are through it.
Honestly not being a jerk, but really- just look at the ease of a db2. I can’t do ds4-db2 here because of smog regs. If i could my wife would have a 99 tahoe with db2 in her driveway and I would still have my 99 truck. The pmd is the worst thing to ever happen to the gm diesel imo- more than the converted 350 gas engines things.
I thought about db2 really really did but id have to search how to swap

Stand alone trans controller is best but most expensive part for auto trans.

Bobbie Martin did a book on it showing how to including using tcm (like ecm without as much info) from other vehicles instead of stand alone- but imo costs are close enough that stand alone is worth it.

junkyard throttle pedal and cable from any other gm pickup can be adapted but the 6.5 93 and older obviously fit perfect. Hot rod supplier gas pedal with cable is good option too.

cruise control from older truck also is you want it.
Maybe 3 or 4 wires on engine miscellaneous places.

I really wouldn’t do the swap at this moment now that you just fixed everything under the sun. But if you slowly gather junkyard parts as you go- next time the world goes upside down and you need a new ip...

Stand alone trans controller is best but most expensive part for auto trans.

Bobbie Martin did a book on it showing how to including using tcm (like ecm without as much info) from other vehicles instead of stand alone- but imo costs are close enough that stand alone is worth it.

junkyard throttle pedal and cable from any other gm pickup can be adapted but the 6.5 93 and older obviously fit perfect. Hot rod supplier gas pedal with cable is good option too.

cruise control from older truck also is you want it.
Maybe 3 or 4 wires on engine miscellaneous places.

I really wouldn’t do the swap at this moment now that you just fixed everything under the sun. But if you slowly gather junkyard parts as you go- next time the world goes upside down and you need a new ip...
I have a tci stand alone for it and tps for when i was gonna put the 572 in it or 383 stroker but ill have to become a hoarder on parts and my other 6.5l is db2

See... all one part system is calling your name. Just copy your db2 rig into this one.

Here the diesel smog gets done through the obd2 port if equipped and that it the downfall here. If your place smogs via tailpipe or not at all... I know what I would do to that shiny red truckzz

See... all one part system is calling your name. Just copy your db2 rig into this one.

Here the diesel smog gets done through the obd2 port if equipped and that it the downfall here. If your place smogs via tailpipe or not at all... I know what I would do to that shiny red truckzz
Lol yea we have no inspections any more that stopped in 97 lol i picked up the db2 truck for 500 bucks and it runs just not well and havent messed with it since building a new shop with lifts etc

Back