• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P0251 6.5l please help.

Trucker2k16

Reaction score
I had p0251 show up today i was idling and it dyed restarted and ses light came on and p0251 was there ok i thought great water again well no and no air in fuel and its clean fuel i use the stanadyne fuel additive every fill up. Ive unplugged the optic sensor and crank sensor i have 0.08 ohms on the crank sensor and resistance is 098 i only have 900 miles on a reman but still under warranty which i have a replacement otw to me. Its got a fass lift pump i have 12 psi on fuel. I never had a issue with this truck till now. Few months back i had alot of water in my fuel so i replaced the tank lines filters and no sock due to spin on filters can someone please help me out thanks

Its a 97 chevy k3500 with a 2010 optimizer.

Ok here is something crazy i had the p0251 yesterday so i unplugged the crank sensor it started took a little longer so i plugged it back in unplugged the os and nothing changed but the p0251 is gone wtf lol maybe i had a bad connection somewhere

I once had the engine die on My 2000, popped a code, something about the timing advancement ring or some such. cleared the code and it has never done that again.
You may have got it fixeducated. LOL

I once had the engine die on My 2000, popped a code, something about the timing advancement ring or some such. cleared the code and it has never done that again.
You may have got it fixeducated. LOL
Lol yea i hope but here is the issue i started reading 24.4 on act timing but i also had intake off im putting intake back and ima try again

Well my experience with 6.5s has taught me that even though it's computerized it doesn't always behave like other computerized rigs. Don't have any idea why, maybe grounds, maybe poor connections, maybe extra suseptible to voltage variations, or all of the above.

How stretchy is that timing chain?

on those high mileage 6.5s in thr fleet we had to cahnge them because the stretch would make it hard to stabilize

Back