• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

OPS or Oil Pressure Switch

Like mentioned above, With a QUALITY basin wrench you can do it, but you will be frustrated by time your done. I have descent crows feet set and they were harder than the basin wrench imo. A crows foot is good for installing a new hose.

Order Leroy’s extension hose. I have made my own in the past from hydraulic hose, but mine won’t carry the ground and same price after shipping Leroy’s.

You can install the new hose easier than putting back in the new ops. Then it is easier forever when the ops fails again. Imagine how activating it is when a new defective is the case.

These are a cakewalk to do vs. a starter or PS pump. Get the Leslie tool (socket) that fits it. It's on the back of the engine - the intake manifold isn't in the way. A creeper that is made for you to lay over the engine helps, but, I am too cheap to get one.

These are a cakewalk to do vs. a starter or PS pump. Get the Leslie tool (socket) that fits it. It's on the back of the engine - the intake manifold isn't in the way. A creeper that is made for you to lay over the engine helps, but, I am too cheap to get one.
I built a platform w/12" wide plank & fastened two 16" 2x4's that rest on the fender (R&L) inner lip opening 'area that hood covers' omatching the hood opening angle wide in back & narrower towards the front, once in place the platform is solid and will not slip towards front of engine bay when in use.

If it's your 99, it's doable, but fun as it is mounted in the lifter valley about 4 inches forward of the rear of the block iirc. Starting in 96 GM moved it forward to the next cam bearing oil galley to get a more consistent reading. Engines up to early 96 have it mounted on the very rear of the block, drivers side, beside the cylinder head.

I bought one years ago and really like it. Now they have folding ones. Much easier to store.

Attachments

• topside creeper.jpg
    topside creeper.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 5
Simple and secure- nice. What, maybe $4 worth of wood probably left over from a project. Can’t do that trick on my Hummer, since no front fenders, but I will be making something.

Many guy never tried, but to do simple upholstery on it for comfort - just go to craft or sewing store. Buy some dense 1” foam and vinal.

Round off sharp corners of wood so it doesn’t cut material.
Cut the foam exact dimensions of top board. Use staple gun, just 1 at each corner and 1 in middle to hold foam to wood top.
Lay vinal face down and fold vinal so it goes past sides to the underneath edge. Staple it down all along 1 long side. Then slightly pull on it just to remove wrinkles, and staple other long side. Then two short sides, with care at the corners.
Talking less than $20 because you can usually find stuff in the bargin bins.

I know one guy made his own creeper and used some old Levis blue jeans that were worn out- just used legs off of several pair. He was Eastern European and moved to Vegas. I guess some “coolness” factor to them cuz Levi’s are special there or something. Haha.

I know one guy made his own creeper and used some old Levis blue jeans that were worn out- just used legs off of several pair. He was Eastern European and moved to Vegas. I guess some “coolness” factor to them cuz Levi’s are special there or something. Haha.

The Levis became the 'must have hot item' for them during the cold war and beyond.

My son picked me up at LAX and dropped me off at home. Back to the grind :-(

After dropping me off, he apparently went to work installing the OPS with the socket from Leroy. Got it done fairly easily and no need for the creeper board. He also found the FTB fuel hose from the FFM to the IP cracked and leaking so that got replaced and his new leak is now gone. He came over to show me the result and the Burb is back amongst the living. Hooray!

Here’s a pic of the leaking fuel line from the FFM to the IP. This was from the original FTB kit and I installed it about 3 or 4 years ago, or almost 50K Miles. Probably need to looks at the stainless line and fittings.

Attachments

• 23F1C0B4-E6BE-4F9F-A0F6-4C519F57CDAD.jpeg
    23F1C0B4-E6BE-4F9F-A0F6-4C519F57CDAD.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 3
Back