• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

O7 Dmax your thoughts

I know that Mike,..if it wasn't for this site and the help from all ye good folks available here i would prob have walked away from this truck.
I just got home with it after first stopping by a car wash and throwing all of my loose change at it to shine it up a bit...30 bux don't seem to get one far :nonod:,..was only have done on the frame when the money ran out.:WTF:
Will post some pics later.

Ahh, what a bit water and soap can do.
It looks better already.;)

Got a box full of extra oil,fuel, tranny filters and fuel additive to boot.

Attachments

• 07 D-max 003.jpg
    07 D-max 003.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 07 D-max 004.jpg
    07 D-max 004.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 07 D-max 005.jpg
    07 D-max 005.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 13
if you want to keep the bed on there you could weld up the cracks in the bed rail and then get some aluminum caps for it. I don't remember you mentioning the winch, think you'll use it much?

if you want to keep the bed on there you could weld up the cracks in the bed rail and then get some aluminum caps for it. I don't remember you mentioning the winch, think you'll use it much?

Prob not, but it was on there, but ..better to be stuck with it than without it ;) (pun intended)
The alu rail covers is a good idea, got them on my 98 too.

Those spare wheels gotta go.

I was thinking that lol..

A nice factory set would look 10x better :D

Nice find, great advice in this thread.

That is prob what my son is gonna say too

AFAIAC nuttin wrong with these wheels,:WTF:..i ain't vying for truck of the year :)

Congrats on your new acquisition Simon.;) The list here really helped you out.:eek: After the car wash it looks pretty good all things considered.:) And it has a winch.:D

Congrats on your new acquisition Simon.;) The list here really helped you out.:eek: After the car wash it looks pretty good all things considered.:) And it has a winch.:D

Thanks.
The winch might some day come in handy for the truck to pull itself on a trailer when it behaves like a ford(Found On Road Dead).:hihi:

This is really cool. We can now get a decent comparison as to the driveability between the 6.5 and the Duramax, and get a comparison as far as the ease or non-ease of fixing things when the need arises. ;) Good luck with the new truck. It looks pretty good. Love all of the photos. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the comparison between the two also Jeff. Truck looks pretty good for all the work it's done. Not a highway commando like mine:hihi:

Sent from my SCH-I535

The dmax is funner to drive and pulls light trailers like a dream. It's the heavy trailers that cause my dmax to run hot where my 6.5's run cooler that keeps me on the fence, I think the 6.5l is also easier to work on although you work on the dmax less. My 6.5s also get slightly better mpg.

That's my comparison, all around the dmax is a solid performer but gives up a little bit in some situations and oddly enough the 6.5l does good at those points.

source unknown

The dmax is funner to drive and pulls light trailers like a dream.

It's the heavy trailers that cause my dmax to run hot where my 6.5's run cooler that keeps me on the fence, I think the 6.5l is also easier to work on although you work on the dmax less. My 6.5s also get slightly better mpg.

That's my comparison, all around the dmax is a solid performer but gives up a little bit in some situations and oddly enough the 6.5l does good at those points.

source unknown
So does my 98.

Thanks for telling me now!!.
"Pulling heavy" is exactly why i bought the stupid thing.:WTF:

Back