• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

"NOTICE" P400 motors are no more!!

Twisted Steel Performance

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
Reaction score
AMG/GEP is ending production on the P400 for ever. They are making one last production run to use up what parts they have and will NOT be producing them again ever...

At this time I can supply 2 long blocks from AMG, wait time is 8-10 weeks. At this time 2 have been allotted to my supplier, I don't know if any more will become available or not..

If interested message me for pricing and details.

From that article: “In the NXT 360 concept evolution of the Humvee, the Detroit Diesel 6.5-liter turbodiesel V8 engine is boosted to 250 horsepower and 460 lb.-ft. torque, and the six-speed automatic transmission adds two more gears compared to the current iteration of the vehicle.”

But the “Detroit diesel” is the gm 6.2/ 6.5 platform that includes GM castings, GEP optimizers, both normal and the p400. So we don’t know what exactly they are using.

Well, that stinks.

Would have been nice to get a little more warning. Say, per an engineering life-cycle with sunset date. But then again, perhaps this information was out there and we missed it . . .

Was just a matter of time anyway given the drive to clean-up emissions.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.
I ran across something on youtube (so always true, right? haha) about a dealer in America for the Humvee C series coming with a p400 4l85e. Still chasing that, but they could have just been installing what they got ahold of and selling. Last I knew the C series was no go for US soil.

lp5 wouldn't surprise me as limited run use. Wonder then if ally instead of 4l trans.

Remember unky sam doesn't have emission control standards they meet, so nothing is off the table for them.

Remember unky sam doesn't have emission control standards they meet, so nothing is off the table for them.

IIRC, Uncle actually is under scrutiny to clean things up. Whether this translates into any actual pressure (or how much / quick) is the better question.

Even still, do not see DEF in Uncle's future though. Can you imagine the press coverage if a fleet of vehicles in combat go into limp mode 'cause the urea ran dry. . .?

Good luck getting that $hit to run long on JP4!
It's likely way cleaner than what you'll get at any pump....

Maybe. Uncle is known to locally source fuel. While this saves the US taxpayer money and helps the local economy, not all places carry the same quality of fuel. As an example, I once looked into surplus 3KW generators and decided inspect a few lots of them prior to a bid. When I checked the fuel cells, many of them had a seriously rotten / stale gasoline odor (kind of like varnish, but different) even though they were all diesel motors. That was how I learned about locally sourced fuel and that smell probably was a relatively fresh batch . . .

Back