• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

No start when hot

All you gotta do is look in the pump gear cover and you can see the key way.

If it does drop, you're gonna have a bad day....you have to pull the front of the truck apart to remove the timing cover to get it.....hopefully it doesn't make it all the way down and end up in the oil pan.....then you gotta lift the engine up a good 4 inches so you can pull the oil pan off.

Sounds like fun, huh?

Maaaaan, I didn't wanna say it, but I coulda got you a better pump for less than that.

And yes, I can get you a VP for a better price.

Hell, I can get you a Hot Rod VP for less than that.
Hell,i always find out afterwards what i should've done.
damn thing is,as i said before i got no experience with the 24 valve and the rotary IP.Are these pumps electronic like the 6.5 DS4 ?

anyway Cumminalong ,can you PM me with a price incl freight for the diff VP IP's you sell and advice what would be best. This truck is totally stock

This engine has 110 K on it and has allready a rebuild IP on it i just noticed.

The VP's have their own computer and they control the duration, timing and pressure.

All you need is a stock VP, you don't need a Hot Rod.

Shoot me your shipping info and I'll get you a shipped price.

Also, I need to know if the truck is a standard output or high output.

Look on the data plate on the side of the valve cover. If it says 235 HP it's a standard output.

If it's rated at 255 or higher, it's a high output.

That was a complete waste of money. A Raptor is only 400$ for the whole kit. Did you get a price from Cumminalong I think he can do better than that maybe. Stock LP's are garbage and won't last long. Raptor has a lifetime warranty and they honor it.

FWIW, all prices should be the same for Pure Flow products, unless dealers are selling under what they are supposed to...

Yeah I think you are right on that. I forget what I even paid you for mine.I was guessing on the 400$. I own two thanks to the scumbags at Lee's Auto Ranch. Pureflow cut me a deal on the second one rather than take it back and charge me for the return.

I would have put the LP in another place,but It aint my truck and the owner thinks upgrades are BS :rolleyes5:.
The VP could well be shot too,will find out after repl the LP.

Anubis,if it got the VP44 on it then yes.The IP rebuilder I talked to said its a very common problem .

Obviously this isn't a stock lift pump as even DODGE abandoned the engine mounted lift pumps on them and went with an intank unit.

The lift pumps on them were engine mounted until the 04.5 model year though.

If the engine mounted pumps failed, they retro-fittted them to the newer in-tank pumps.

And IIRC the in tank LPs were as bad if not worse right ? I know if you got the recall intank LP it makes putting an aftermarket one on more difficult. I was lucky. Mine was still on the engine.

And IIRC the in tank LPs were as bad if not worse right ? I know if you got the recall intank LP it makes putting an aftermarket one on more difficult. I was lucky. Mine was still on the engine.

Back to our regularly scheduled program....

The in-tank pumps are much better than the engine mounted pumps.

The pump stay immersed in fuel, which help keep it cool and lubricated.

There's a much lower failure rate on the in-tank pump.

Not a comment, just facts...sorry if you took offense to it, it wasn't directed at anyone.

No offense taken. But when my name is quoted with a comment like that, full well knowing the intent of it, I will say something about it.

It's not the first time you've done that.

We all know the back doors of business, so let's not BS.

The pump stays immersed in fuel, which help keep it cool and lubricated.

Yeah but wasn't there an issue with the in tank pumps not putting out enough fuel pressue as well or is that only if running a tune ? I know I read somewhere that they put out less pressure/flow than the stock engine mounted but wasn't sure of the truth to it.

No offense taken. But when my name is quoted with a comment like that, full well knowing the intent of it, I will say something about it.

It's not the first time you've done that.

We all know the back doors of business, so let's not BS.

The pump stays immersed in fuel, which help keep it cool and lubricated.

Your name was never once qouted...:confused: Can you show me where?

Yeah, actually it was.

And no, I'm not going back and digging through posts to dig crap up, I have better things to do with my time.

I let it go last time, it won't happen again.

I'm pretty cordial in most cases and don't ever say things about other vendors or call folks out in public, but if calling out others is your business practice, don't be surprised if what I have to say is pretty blunt.

Yeah, actually it was.

And no, I'm not going back and digging through posts to dig crap up, I have better things to do with my time.

I let it go last time, it won't happen again.

I'm pretty cordial in most cases and don't ever say things about other vendors or call folks out in public, but if calling out others is your business practice, don't be surprised if what I have to say is pretty blunt.

You can't go back and dig it up because it's not there. I am done here, believe what you want. Have a nice day.:thumbsup:

I'm trying to follow this post and see what bison is up against.

You two got a peeing contest going on and it appears to me Gmclbz did not direct his statement to anyone specific, only a general business practice. Relax Cumminalong unless it does apply. I didn't think anything about what was said until you reacted!

And this is my first time on this Dodge BB, so I have no prejudices.

What I was going to suggest to bison is be sure you have bled the air out real good after the LP replacement. It often takes a good effort to get the fuel flowing to the injectors again. Patience required.

Might open the front three injector lines a couple of turns. Then switch the key to the start position to turn the starter just a second or two. This will run the lift pump about 20 seconds. Do this process 4, 5, or six times. You should by then have some fuel dripping at the open lines. Tighten them and she should fire.

I tried that till the cows came home, i charged the batts twice in between.Plenty fuel to the IP,not even a fume at the inj.

New IP is sitting on the table,hope to bolt it in tomorow.

Back