• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

No start when hot

Yeah but aren't all your woman blonde and gorgeous ??
:D
I think what your friend means is the diaprham is shot. I have heard it can be replaced on truck but I wouldn't know how.

Well don`t know gorgeus but yes they are mostly blond.. :)

Yes we heard about the diaprham, but if it`s replacebul it woud be good. Have to try get more info about it..

LP runs but fails to build press.
New pump goes on tomorow.

I think i stick with my 6.5's, they're a helluv a lot easyer to work on,no Effen room in these dodges either.Took 2 hrs just to get that LP unbolted,all has to be done by feel as there's no room to see and do at the same time till i took the fuel filter off as well.

And you were wondering how I put a new block heater on my 96 from underneath. It's done mainly by braille. I didn't think the lp on the dodge was real bad ,still a pain tho

That's because your replacing it with another stock POS. I used an aftermarket one which bolts on the frame rail. Biggest problem with the LP mounted on the block is the vibration from the cummins kills it. The new one you put on won't last long. Best bet is to put a Raptor or Fass on it. Hopefully the LP failure didn't take yopur VP44 with it(which it does 90% of the time).

And you were wondering how I put a new block heater on my 96 from underneath. It's done mainly by braille. I didn't think the lp on the dodge was real bad ,still a pain tho
This truck has a belt driven hydr pump on the pass side,the hdr hoses run from there over the valve cover to dr side over behind the F filter housing down under the firewall to the hay deck behind.It blocked al vision to the LP.
There aint no access from below unless one removes the starter(another PITA job by the looks of it)

That's because your replacing it with another stock POS. I used an aftermarket one which bolts on the frame rail. Biggest problem with the LP mounted on the block is the vibration from the cummins kills it. The new one you put on won't last long. Best bet is to put a Raptor or Fass on it. Hopefully the LP failure didn't take yopur VP44 with it(which it does 90% of the time).
I would have put the LP in another place,but It aint my truck and the owner thinks upgrades are BS :rolleyes5:.
The VP could well be shot too,will find out after repl the LP.

Anubis,if it got the VP44 on it then yes.The IP rebuilder I talked to said its a very common problem .

This truck has a belt driven hydr pump on the pass side,the hdr hoses run from there over the valve cover to dr side over behind the F filter housing down under the firewall to the hay deck behind.It blocked al vision to the LP.
There aint no access from below unless one removes the starter(another PITA job by the looks of it)

It's alway something aint it:mad2:

Cumminalong will probably know this stuff better than me but AFAIK my 02 was the last of the 2nd Gen and the last of the VP44. If it's 3rd gen it won't have a VP44 and I "think" they use common rail.

The VP44 was from '98.5 - '02.

03 - 04 were the 305 HP CP3 powered common rails.

04.5 - 07 were the 325 HP CP3 powered common rails.

Got a new stock LP just today.

carter pump,$360 from bumper to bumper,Nappa was $380.Stealer tpped them all $580.
stupendous prices for a LP.
Glad it aint my truck

That was a complete waste of money. A Raptor is only 400$ for the whole kit. Did you get a price from Cumminalong I think he can do better than that maybe. Stock LP's are garbage and won't last long. Raptor has a lifetime warranty and they honor it.

Yes Ace I agree with you,but as i said before,owner wants to keep it stock :rolleyes5:+ $400 for the raptor does'nt include dollar exchange,shipping cost and waiting time.

Anyway,i got the LP on and there's lots of fuel at the IP,but no go,I can't get fuel at the injectors ,after 3 min of intermittent cranking still notting at all.

It did set DTC PO 216,inj timing control circuit.

Sooo,prob the VP packed it in as well as, the manuall suggest.

A rebuild IP here is $1800 plus core.

PO216=VP Death. Typical scenario unfortunatly. It's reall ashame that such a strong engine has such a delicate fuel system. That's why the hardcore guys P Pump them.

I thought our stuff was cheaper for you guys up north with the exchange rate due to our worthless currency. Wow 1800$ is nuts. I think you can buy a new one for that around here. A reman is about 950$. IIRC.

Maaaaan, I didn't wanna say it, but I coulda got you a better pump for less than that.

And yes, I can get you a VP for a better price.

Hell, I can get you a Hot Rod VP for less than that.

If you are doing the VP swap MAKE SURE the keyway is facing up when you remove the VP44. If it falls into the timing case cover you are f'ed. I'm not sure how to tell but Cumminalng will probably chime in on that. I have read many horror storys about it. Otherwise looks like a fairly simple job.

Back