• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

NMB2's pecker measuring contest 6.5/6.9

What percentage of load did they put on it during the run? Any correction factors? Just wondering if they tried more load maybe it would do better. Some engines like alot of load, and others don't to light the charger off.

We both sprayed yesterday and it didn't seem to make much of a difference on the Mustang as it did the dynojet.

Ford didn't make a 4x4 DRW until '99 unfortunately. I'd like 4x4, but its just not worth the conversion for me. I don't drive the truck in the winter because it sucks in the snow, and because I don't want the chemicals messing my paint up. I'm buying a little winter beater this year probably....

Thanks. The snow isn't TOO bad here in western washington, but I'm moving to Colorado to work for ATS in about a month... winters there my truck will be f-d.

Depending on where you move to in colorado they might not use salt or chemicals. IIRC up on the slopes they just grade the roads because they dont want refreeze on the mountains.

I'm going to see how long Racin's 160cc pump lasts before I do anything else.

My engine is running so well, that I don't want to mess up a good thing. We're a little skeptical at how long his DB4 might last with 2"+ roller to roller... but if its decent, I will build another pump, and use this one for my spare, as it should last a full 100k+ service life.

stanadynes rating is 100k yes.... and in the ford IDI world its pretty much accepted around 100k, its time to rebuild..... of course there are several people that run them well over 100k.

Yeah over on OB they push ip replacement at 100k for nearly every problem. Not sure how my 93 ran before but it still has plenty of oomph at +230, not to say a rebuild might not be a bad idea though.

WOW, that's pretty low compared to the 6.5's 2200-2250. I know most seem to be going to 2300 for there rebuilds, but personally I would rather stay a bit lower unless your going with a higher flow injector.

these are 4th gear pulls

this has my runs on it, but with a 1000-7000rpm grid it makes the curve small and funny looking

dyno-1.jpg

Here is a run with a normal sided grid

196.jpg

~Caution Language~

A few people were asking me if I had buddies with stock d-max and how my truck stacked up....

Well, I faced off with a modded d-max on the freeway last night and actually had the chance to grab my phone to video it.

First off.... sorry, I have diarrhea of the mouth... I don't even know I do it... LOL.....Transitioning into the civilian work place is going to be... umm... fun.

He had what looked like a banks badge, then some diesel shop logo's on the back. It was a pretty nice looking chevy.

The first minute or so is painful, I realized I was holding the camera wrong.... I correct the rotation though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPnuQDLJ2K4&hd=1

oh, on a side note...

I don't know that it gave me all that much more power.... but I can feel it.. I would guess maybe 15-20hp......when I was installing my brake controller last night I realized that my carpet was kind of puffed up under the pedal. Had my wife put the pedal on the floor and I had roughly a 3/16" gap between throttle lever and stopper on pump. Modded the carpet and now have true full throttle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are excellent #'s, congrats to the IDI guys.....you all set the bar well. Really has us patiently waiting for the end of our landscaping season, so we can get into the garage for the winter.

Back