• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

NMB2's pecker measuring contest 6.5/6.9

I'll guess that the low numbers are the difference between keyboard racers and actually getting the truck on the scales.

When I go looking for "6.5 diesel K2500 curb weights" the media all comes up with around 5500. For example: http://www.automobile-catalog.com/make/chevrolet_usa/suburban_07gen/suburban_07gen_k2500/1995.html

5100 for a 454, 5500 for a 6.5

But I've got the scale slip that shows mine 7000-ish.

Never take what the OEM (or keyboard racers) puts out as gospel......

That was the exact weights I was looking at.....

My ECSB 1500 4x4 6.5 weighs over 6,000 IIRC. Looks like i'm gonna bring it out of hiding and off the chopping block for my GF to drive. My custom rust might add weight? lol

Its kinda heavy with add ons: in side (3 subs, lap top deck, printer, crop and soil sampling equip), 2 tool boxes, HD rear bumper (built for Ol' Blue), 06 3500 springs (makes hauling a 4 wheeler alot nicer, no helpers), 4-5in exhaust, custom I beam rear cross members under bed (originals were either cracked or rusted), 10 ply 265 mudders, and a few other tid bits i'm likely forgetting. Not sure what it weighed before i beefed it up. Frame is just as think as a K2500 so i think it has a heavy 1/2 frame.

Also waiting for the mph and 60 ft times from the 15 sec run.

Was trying to find the slip. I can't find it.

The video? The numbers?

Sorry, forgot about posting over here..

As always, great people at Dynomite diesel that let me host a dyno day there. They cooked burgers, dogs, and supplied us drinks and everything else.

NMB2 - 345rwhp
RacinNdrummin - 341rwhp
05 Ram 6spd - 313rwhp
03 7.3 auto - 271rwhp - intake, exhaust, tuner
05 6.0 6spd - 407rwhp - intake, exhaust, custom tunes, turbo
06 6.0 KR auto - 340rwhp - intake, exhaust, custom tunes
vp44 24v auto - 397rwhp
CR 5.9 6spd - 651rwhp - smarty, sticks, compounds, modded CP3, fass, arc flow
94' factory turbo 125rwhp
67 F100 390 FE - 220rwhp
6.9 banks/moose 130rwhp
diesel cheveete - 43rwhp

as you can see from some of the numbers, especially the two turbo IDI's, the dyno was spitting out a little low. Those trucks should of been 165-180 range. The 6.9 banks/moose truck dynoed 175 last time at Erics.

Racin' and I are going to dyno later this week at Eric's Automotive on a Mustang so we can get some resistance on those rollers, we both had a hard time getting on top of the chargers (you can see the amount of smoke before clearing) I think regardless of if its low... 345rwhp @ 30psi is pretty good.

Obviously this is pure speculation, but based off of everyone's dyno numbers yesterday, I think it would be reasonable to say I'm probably sitting at about 370-380hp on fuel.

RacinNdrummin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvA-JHONPVU&hd=1

NMB2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpey-YhIWRo&hd=1

RacinNdrummin's boss, Elam, owns the diesel chevette.

First pull he laid down 41rwhp... then they threw the ferret adapter on it... timed that VE... and got 43rwhp from it! lol

Lol at the chevette! Not bad numbers realy tho, considering they had 52 flywheel hp as rated by GM.

You guys are lighting your turbos WAY before us 6.5 guys. Then again, 6.2turbo and I both have bigger ones than you guys, with much poorer flowing engines.

Were you spraying water/meth on those runs?

Lol at the chevette! Not bad numbers realy tho, considering they had 52 flywheel hp as rated by GM.

You guys are lighting your turbos WAY before us 6.5 guys. Then again, 6.2turbo and I both have bigger ones than you guys, with much poorer flowing engines.

Were you spraying water/meth on those runs?

Funny you say that, because in the dyno videos our turbo's were both SUPER laggy.... soo much smoke. This is why I want to get onto that mustang, so he can load up the roller and let me get on top of my charger.

Racin' was, I was not spraying.

On the Mustang I intend on spraying/giving it all its got.

Funny you say that, because in the dyno videos our turbo's were both SUPER laggy.... soo much smoke. This is why I want to get onto that mustang, so he can load up the roller and let me get on top of my charger.

Racin' was, I was not spraying.

On the Mustang I intend on spraying/giving it all its got.

Cant wait to see. We have a Mustang dyno at a local college i went to but its inside and they dont have provisions for diesel rigs. Even though some of the gas cars smoke more than my truck.

The running boards are dirty, but I got em on today. Going out shooting tomorrow, then I'll wash the whole truck sunday. :)

New phone takes pretty good pics....

20120824_175802.jpg

20120824_175838.jpg

The running boards are dirty, but I got em on today. Going out shooting tomorrow, then I'll wash the whole truck sunday. :)

New phone takes pretty good pics....

20120824_175802.jpg

20120824_175838.jpg

It is a very nice truck! Sadly its pointless here to have 2wd, unless you only drive it in the summer.

Good numbers for sure.

I like the red on that truck. Lookin' good.

Mike, not sure but I don't think they get much snow there.. could be wrong.

Water injecting?

You're cleaning up your smoke, which means you're burning all your injected fuel.

We both sprayed yesterday and it didn't seem to make much of a difference on the Mustang as it did the dynojet.

It is a very nice truck! Sadly its pointless here to have 2wd, unless you only drive it in the summer.

Ford didn't make a 4x4 DRW until '99 unfortunately. I'd like 4x4, but its just not worth the conversion for me. I don't drive the truck in the winter because it sucks in the snow, and because I don't want the chemicals messing my paint up. I'm buying a little winter beater this year probably....

Good numbers for sure.

I like the red on that truck. Lookin' good.

Mike, not sure but I don't think they get much snow there.. could be wrong.

Thanks. The snow isn't TOO bad here in western washington, but I'm moving to Colorado to work for ATS in about a month... winters there my truck will be f-d.

Back