• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Shop

I would use it as a toolpost grinder, I could dress up inside bores or outside surfaces. One of the things I need to do is grind the jaws on my 3 jaw Chuck as it is a little bell mouthed.

So I've had this old school all metal cabinet sitting around for awhile and I decided I wanted to use it to put my valve grinding machine on it. So I sandblasted it and painted it and put on new handles. I don't think any of the newer metal cabinets would be sturdy enough, the valve grinder is pretty heavy I'm guessing it's pushing 100lbs. All part of my ongoing,never ending shop organization.IMG_20201014_204611.jpg

So I've had this old school all metal cabinet sitting around for awhile and I decided I wanted to use it to put my valve grinding machine on it. So I sandblasted it and painted it and put on new handles. I don't think any of the newer metal cabinets would be sturdy enough, the valve grinder is pretty heavy I'm guessing it's pushing 100lbs. All part of my ongoing,never ending shop organization.View attachment 62292
I dont know, them castor legs looks a little weak. 🤷‍♂️😳😹

So I'm almost done. Taking a break from drilling the holes in the copper tubing at the bottom. Made a surround for the pump and drilled a bunch of holes where the prefilter is going. Considering doing another on the other side. Ordered the filters along with some spares. Will have to make a holder for it yet, haven't totally decided how I'm going to do that yet.
Reinforced the shelf with some square tubing so I can set something halfway heavy on it without it bending.IMG_20201118_172802.jpgIMG_20201118_172746.jpgIMG_20201118_172721.jpg

Funny you should ask. I actually have to set my 3way ball valve so it favors the spigot vs the brush or it splashes alot. I also discovered that the valve on my bubbler system is going to have to be changed for a real ball valve. Plus I must have a clog in my tubing as I can only get air to come out of the first 4-5 holes

Use Your blow gun and try blowing back through the first bubbler hole that nothing comes out of.
I cant imagine the copper tube being plugged that bad. Might also try taping over the first bubblers so they are sealed then see if air comes out a little farther down the line.

Back