• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Shop

So a little update. I had a fuel leak but I'm pretty sure it was the fuel petcock. I had put a rebuild kit in it but it never seemed right, very stiff to turn. So I order a new one, surprised there was any. Put it on a bit ago much easier to turn now, so fingers crossed. Also someone turned me onto a guy in Italy who is making reproduction side covers so I'm getting those too, supposed to be shipped Monday. Pretty good deal I think as the price when available was about $150 each, I'm getting a pair for $175 shipped.

gasser. This has 220k on it, had a blown head gasket. Looks like I'm going to be totally rebuilding the head, the valves are pretty loose in the guides. Ordered new valves and guides this morning. Cylinders weren't too bad so I am getting a master rebuild kit, has pistons. Figured the ring lands probably had wear in them....

So I'm doing a job that I need to be set up to do cable railing. So as part of being able to do it I needed to have a hydraulic crimping tool to crimp the SS cable to the ends. So I ordered a tool specifically for the cable used in the cable railing, had the right die and only came with one die. So if figured I might as well get the rest of the dies and then I can crimp battery cables, etc. So I ordered a set for $14, received a crimping tool yesterday and when I got to looking at it I realized it wasn't the one I ordered. So I got to checking tracking numbers and realized I was sent a complete toolkit instead of just the dies.
So I contacted the seller and told them i ordered just dies and not a complete tool. Got a response back that made no sense at all , something about sizes. Obviously English was there second language. So I'm leaning towards I tried to do the right thing but I may as well keep it if they don't seem to be concerned about it. We're not talking alot of money only 20-30$

Back